Chapter 10

Carter's POV:

It's official. Tori and Cher are out to kill me. Well, not kill as in death, kill as in torture me by making me deal with their shenanigans to get Louis and I together. Those two have done everything possible to make Louis and I always be together. Tori has even locked our bedroom door, so neither Louis or I could leave our room. We were locked in there for three hours.

Now they have taken their devious plans to a whole new level by inviting Matt and Aiden to stay with us. If I knew that this vacation was going to be like this then I would have never came. I don't like my friends trying to force feelings that don't exist down my throat.

I pass by Harry and Cher's room to see Cher pacing around in front of the bed. I slow down, peeking into the room curiously. "Cher?" I call her name out. "Are you alright?"

Cher spins around on her heel, slightly flushing. "Oh, Carter." She taps her fingers to the side of her thigh. "Can I talk to you?"

I step into the room, plopping on the edge of the bed. "What's up?"

Cher bits her lip, and begins to pace the room again. "I'm about to tell you something and you have to promise me that you won't get mad at me." Cher pleads.

Realising that this conversation will be serious, I feel myself rise off of the bed, my eyebrows creasing together. "What's going on?"

"You're going to hate me. I just know it." Cher stops pacing to face me.

I place my hands on her shoulders. "I promise I won't be mad." I smile at her, reassuringly.

Cher frowns at me as if not believing my words. "Remember during X Factor, when you wanted Harry and I to date? Well," She draws out the word, wincing. "We did date. For awhile."

I stare at her unsure if I heard her correctly. "I beg your pardon?" I tilt my head, not completely understanding.

Cher swallows nervously, patting her ponytail down with one hand. "Harry and I dated during the X Factor."

"Why?"

"We liked each other." Cher scrunched her eyebrows together, watching me as I stare at her with my mouth parted open. I think I've gone into shock.

"How long?" I settle down on the bed.

Cher hesitates while looking away from me. "The second live show." Cher mutters just loud enough for me to hear.

Cher and Harry dated. They actually dated. I wanted them to date the whole time we were on the show and they were actually secretly dating the whole time. They both lied to me. How could they do that to me?

"Please, please don't hate me." Cher begs me. She plops on the bed next to me. "We were going to tell everyone, but everyone was so focused on you and Louis, we didn't want to pull that attention away from you. The night of the last show, we broke up. We realised that we wouldn't work out. We lived in different places, and didn't want to do a long distance relationship. Harry and I haven't seen each other since then-"

"Until two days ago.." I trail off, thinking back to when Harry and Cher embraced when she arrived. That explains why they hugged so tightly. "Why are you telling me this now?"

Cher mumbles something, incoherently. I lean forward, not catching what she said. She repeats herself a little bit louder, but I'm still unable to understand her. I motion with my hands for her to repeat herself.

"We kissed...yesterday." Cher bites her thumbnail.

My jaw falls slack. "I thought you had a boyfriend."

Cher shakes her head, frowning. "No. I made that up. Chad doesn't exist."

This is a lot of information for me to take in. First, I find out that Harry and Cher dated and now, I'm finding out that they kissed yesterday. How are they so secretive? I never would have guessed if she hadn't told me all of this.

"So, are you dating now?"

"No," She shakes her head, vigorously. "We just don't feel the same way as we used to. The kiss was awkward and weird. It felt like I was kissing a friend, which I was." Cher slumps her shoulders, playing with her fingers. "I'm sorry I lied. You can be mad at me, but please don't stop talking to me. I can't handle that."

I wrap my arms around her. "I want to be mad at you, but I can't. I can be mad at Harry, though." I let go of her, jumping to my feet. "So, I'll be right back." I stroll out of the room.

"Carter?" Cher chases after me as I run downstairs to where all of the lads are watching a movie with Tori.

Everyone is too focused on the movie to see me storming into the room. I pick up a pillow, preparing to hit Harry with it. Honestly, I'm not that mad. Harry doesn't know that. I may just have to play this out a little bit. Once in front of Harry, I swing the pillow down, crashing down upon Harry's head before he can question why I'm in front of him.

"I. Can't. Believe. You." I hit him every time I say I a new word. Harry's arms fly up to protect his face. "Why did you not tell me that you and Cher dated! I totally shipped Cherry!"

Arms grip my waist, pulling me away from beating Harry with a pillow. The pillow gets ripped from my fingers as the person holding me, pulls me away. Harry uncovers his head, his eyes wide.

"Carter." Cher groans, taking in the situation. "You weren't supposed to get mad."

I cross my arms against my chest, leaning against the person holding me, letting them support all my weight. "I'm not mad." I giggle, glancing over at Harry. "I thought I would be, but I'm surprisingly not."

"What just happened?" Harry slowly stands up, eyeing me the entire time, almost as if he is afraid I'll attack again.

"I told Carter about us." Cher admits.

Harry nods, making an 'o' shape with his mouth. "That explains the beating."

"Louis, you can let go of Carter now unless you two are both comfortable in the position you two are in." Tori speaks up from the corner of one couch. A sly smirk spread across her lips.

My eyes dart down to the arms snaked around my waist. I should have known that Louis would have pulled me away from Harry. For some reason, neither of us has moved. His arms are still wrapped around me, his chest pressed to back. All I'd have to do is turn around and hug him. I really want to hug him right now. Shaking my head, I wiggle out of Louis's arms, ignoring the feeling of emptiness when I settle down on the floor away from him. These odd feelings need to go away.

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

I know a lot of people were hoping Cherry would happen in R101 and I decided to make them happen in a way. Some of you wanted Cherry to happen in this story, but that can't happen. I already have a plan for Harry.

Question...Do you think Carter will let these "feelings" come through or will she push them away?

So, yeah!