Chapter 4

Carter's POV:

Last night was absolutely terrible. I knew the guys were going to ask me awkward questions, especially about what Louis and I used to be. Liam just had to ask me who I would rather kiss in this house, which resulted in me saying Louis. Now they all think I like him. Which, by the way, I do not.

I guess the game changed a little bit because Tori was playing against me. I was thankful that it was her, and not Louis. That would have made things a million times more awkward. I think Tori's questions were much worse than mine, considering that Liam was asking all of the question. He could basically ask her anything he wanted, and that's exactly what he did.

I've been hiding out in my room for the past two hours. I heard Louis leave the room at seven, and then everyone downstairs must have felt the need to be extremely loud. There was no way I would have fallen back asleep. About ten minutes ago, I heard the front door slam shut, and complete silence. I'm no rocket scientist, but I think they all left. Normal people would be upset that they left me behind. I'm quite the opposite. Now I chill out around the house alone.

I fling the covers off of my body, and climb out of the warmth towards my suitcases that I still have not unpacked yet. I change into a pair of black soffee shorts and my red Olly Murs hoodie. I have to support my best friend somehow. I step out of my room, gathering my hair up in a messy bun. The chilly hair causes goosebumps to form on my legs. Why is it so cold inside? If it is freezing outside then it should be warm inside.

I step out of my bedroom that I share with Louis, and make my way down the hall. Everyone's bedroom doors are wide open, showing empty rooms. I guess I really am the only one here. Fine by me. I take the stairs two steps at a time.

"I want some hot tea. Yes, I do." I sing quietly to myself, stepping in the kitchen. "Where are the mugs?" I open a bunch of cabinets. "Aha!" I find a shelf full of mugs in the last cabinet.

I should have gotten a tour of the kitchen yesterday because I have no idea where anything is. If I was a tea bag, where would I be? Obviously, not in the pantry like it should be.

"Tea bags are in the red container." A voice comes from behind me.

"Ahhh!" I scream the mug slipping from my hands, and breaking into tiny pieces around my feet when it shatters. I whirl around to see Louis sitting on a bar stool, drinking out of a black mug. "Ow!" I scream once again, stepping on a piece of broken glass.

"Are you okay?!" Louis hops off of the stool, rushing towards me.

I hop on one leg to stay off the foot that I just cut. "It hurts!" I whimper, clutching my foot. I lift my hand away to see blood on it. "That's not good."

"Stop jumping. You don't have that much balanc-"

"Ahh!" I scream, losing my balance. Louis scoops me up in his arms before I can land on the broken glass. "Thanks." I wrap my arms around his neck.

"It's a good thing Liam packed a first aid kit." Louis starts to carry me out of the kitchen.

"Wait! What are you doing?" I look up at Louis, reaching for the door frame, preventing us from leaving the kitchen.

"I'm going to clean up your foot." Louis answers.

"You can't take me upstairs! My foot is dripping blood! It will get all over the floor!"

Louis sighs, back tracking to the kitchen. He grabs a towel rag from the counter, and hands it to me. "Wrap that around your foot."

"Set me down then." I tell Louis, dropping my arms from his neck. "I can't exactly wrap something around my foot in this position."