Chapter 13

I toss another bunched up shirt into my duffel bag, striving to stay as quite as possible. Everyone in this house is dead asleep, but that doesn't mean I can go around being loud. I don't want to wake anyone up and receives questions of what I'm doing.

Louis and I came back about six hours ago, neither of us said anything about the kiss we shared which I was grateful for. I want to avoid that awkward conversation. That kiss was a mistake, not because I didn't want to kiss him, but because I haven't stopped thinking about kissing him again since then. The thoughts invaded my mind and that is all I have been able to think about. I made a mistake.

Louis passed out on the couch about an hour ago and no one bothered to make him move. I don't have to worry about waking him up with my constant movement in our shared room. I didn't plan on leaving. The urge to kiss Louis again is leaving me so confused. I don't know what to do. Before I kissed him, I knew that I didn't care for him more than a friend, but now, I'm not sure how I feel. That kiss brought back memories of how I used to feel when I was dating Louis. The scary thing is, I want those feelings back. I want to date Louis again.

"What are you doing?" A voice whispers from behind me, nearly startling me to death.

Gasping, I whirl around to find Tori in her pajamas, walking towards me. Tori looks down at my duffel bag filled with clothes on my unmade bed. I sigh, slumping my shoulders. I turn back around, grabbing a shirt from my bed.

"Running from your problems won't help you." Tori steps closer, her voice barely above a whisper.

I tilt my head forward, squeezing my eyes shut. "I just need to get away for a little bit."

"Why?" Tori stares down at my duffel bag and sits down next to it. "What happened?"

I open my eyes, debating on whether I should tell Tori about Louis and I. "Louis and I kissed." I admit after a few seconds.

"That's great!" Tori beams at me, excitedly.

"No, it's really not." I slam the shirt in the bag. Tori frowns, not completely understanding me. "I haven't stopped thinking about kissing him since. I can't Louis out of my mind."

"So, you like him back?" Tori wonders out loud. She scrunches her face up, most likely trying to figure me out.

"No." I zip up the duffel bag.

"Why did you kiss him then?" Tori pulls my bag away from me before I can sling it over my shoulder.

"I thought I wanted to." I run my fingers through my wavy hair from my shower earlier.

"Now you wish you didn't?"

"Yes." I grab my duffel bag from where she moved it.

"Where are you going?" Tori stands up and grabs the other end of the bag, preventing me from hanging the strap on my shoulder.

"I'll stay at a different hotel or something for a few days." I shrug. "I don't know. I'll figure it out."

"I'm coming with." Tori jumps up from the bed, a determined look in her eyes.

I shake my head at her while yanking the bag out of her grasp. "No, I'm going alone."

Tori narrows her eyes at me. "If you don't let me go, I will go wake up Louis." She threatens. Knowing that Tori will follow through with her threat, I just simple nod. "Let me go get my stuff and I'll meet you by the front door in ten."

"Fine." I say through gritted teeth. "You have five minutes or I leave without you." I tell her, annoyed.

I quietly sneak downstairs, careful not to wake up Louis, who is still passed out on the couch. I don't bother glancing at him, knowing that I will regret my decision if I do. I hold the front door's doorknob in my hand and only think for a second if this is what I want. Ignoring the part of me that is saying to turn around and curl up next to Louis, I twist the doorknob and sneak outside. I need to do this. I sit down on the porch steps, my bag right next to me.

The door creaks open behind me as soon as the time on my phone shows that five minutes has passed. Dang. Tori is on time. I pull myself to my feet and turn around to see a sleepy Liam following behind Tori.

"I said you could come, not him." I point to Liam, my annoyance levels growing stronger at Tori.

Tori shrugs, sheepishly. "I can't go without him. I promised him a while ago that I would never leave him. I don't know how long we will be gone and I don't want him to worry."

Liam threads his fingers through hers and kisses her temple. I think I'm going to be sick. Why are all couples so lovey dovey? They just need to stop. One of them will only end up getting hurt.

"You can come, but if I find out you are talking to Louis-"

"I won't." Liam cuts me off. "I promise."

Rolling my eyes, I hitch my bag over my shoulder. "Let's go."

The two of them follow behind me to Tori's car. She shouldn't mind that I'm using her car and if she does, then she doesn't have to come. I didn't want any company anyways. I climb into the driver's seat, letting them decide who gets the passenger seat. Tori slides into the seat next to me.

"I know this is some girl thing, but can you at least tell me why we are leaving?" Liam yawns from the backseat.

I start up her car, a blank expression on my face. "Louis." I wince at his name. I will not let myself regret this decision. This is for the best.

"What about him? Are you two fighting?" Liam rests his chin on the side of Tori's seat. He watches me drive away from the cabin we've been staying at.

"No."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He tries again.

"No." I reply, harsher than I meant to.

"They kissed." Tori blurts out, grinning at the thought.

"Tori!" I hiss at her, taking my eyes off the road to glare at her for a split second. I don't want Liam to know about all of this because he could easily text Louis about everything. I'm doing this to get away from Louis.

"She is confused about her feelings now and thinks running away will help. Little does she know, running away will only make her realise that running away will only make it worse." Tori rambles off to Liam in the back.

I take one hand off the wheel and crank up the volume of the radio. Music blares out of the speakers, blocking out Tori's voice. Tori gets the hint and slinks back into the seat. I knew bringing them along was a bad idea. They don't understand why I need to get away.

I don't care for Louis like that. I'm not allowing myself to.

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

How much do you hate me? A lot? I honestly wouldn't blame you.

This chapter is a bit sad. Just think of how Louis will feel when he wakes up. :(

I updated this twice in one day. I'm proud of myself.

Question...What do you think will happen next? I want to see if any of you guess right.

So, yeah!