Chapter 6

Carter's POV:

"Walk up in the house like what up I got a bruise on my knee." Tori limps in the room with Liam and Niall right behind her.

My head pops up from the pillow that I was just resting on. Liam runs up to Tori, and helps her walk in the house. Whoa. What happened to her?

"Are you okay?" Louis hops up first from his spot on the other couch. Oh. I thought he was asleep.

Tori smiles at Louis. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not." Liam slips his arm around her waist, taking most of her weight.

Tori rolls her eyes at Liam. "Yes, I am. I feel great." She winces as she attempts to walk faster than Liam.

"What did you do?" I sit up all the way on the couch.

"Liam and I went tubing and I thought it would be fun to roll down the snow without a tube. Apparently, that is frowned upon and some douchebag rode over my knee. He didn't even apologise!" Tori explains to Louis and I, shaking her head like she was reliving the moment. "I'm going to go get some ice." She pulls away from Liam.

"Let me get it for you." Liam tries to stop her.

Tori shakes her head. "I'm just going to the kitchen, Liam. When I get back, I promise I will rest my knee."

Liam frowns, watching her walk away. "Stubborn as always."

"I'm taking a shower." Niall announces, heading for the stairs.

"Where's Zayn and Harry?" I realise that the other two boys are not with them.

"Ski lessons." Liam answers.

"But, they both know how to ski." Louis frowns.

"Harry was trying to impress a girl and Zayn just wanted to wat-"

"Ow!" A loud scream comes from the kitchen. "Why the very bad word is there broken glass on the floor?!"

My eyes widen as I make eye contact with Louis. We never picked up the broken mug. After we were in the bathroom, we came downstairs and completely forgot about it. Liam races to the kitchen with Louis hot on his heels. I set my bare feet on the floor and wince at the pain in my foot. I quickly limp to the kitchen to see Tori barely balancing on one foot while holding the other one in her hand.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Tori hops on one foot, trying to get away from the broken mug.

"I'm so sorry." I apologise to Tori, feeling guilty.

Tori grabs Liam with her free hand, and allows him to pick her up like Louis did with me earlier. "It's okay. It's not like you did this on purpose." Tori looks over at me. "You didn't this on purpose, did you?"

"No! Of course not!" I exclaim. "I accidentally dropped it earlier, and then Louis and I got distracted. We forgot to pick it up."

"Oh!" Tori smirks, dragging the word out raising her eyebrows up suggestively.

My eyes widen as Louis bursts out laughing. "Not like that! I cut my foot open and Louis wrapped it for me."

"Oh." Tori pouts.

Liam coughs, trying to hold back his laughter. "Louis, can you wrap Tori's foot for me? I'm no doctor."

Louis holds out his arms. "Hand her over." Tori is placed in Louis's arms, and he leaves the room with her.

"I should probably clean this mess up." I look around the room for a broom.

"You should go rest. If you cut your foot than you shouldn't be on it." Liam moves around the kitchen, pulling a broom out of the pantry.

"I'm fine." I reach to grab the broom from him.

"Louis will kill me of he finds out that I let you stay on your foot." Liam begins to sweep the broken glass up.

"I'm not Louis's responsibility."

"True, but he still cares about you." Liam replies.

I purse my lips, hopping on the counter. "How's life been treating you, Liam? It's been years since we've talked." I smoothly change the subject.

"Pretty good. A few rough times, but everything worked out in the end." Liam grins to himself, sweeping the glass on a pile.

"How did you and Tori meet?" I swing my legs back and forth.

Liam stops sweeping, and looks up leaning on the broom. "Promise you won't laugh?"

"Sure?"

Liam runs his hand through his hair. "Her old best friend kidnapped us." He mumbles.

I tried to hold my laughter in, but Liam's serious expression made it so hard. He looked so serious while saying that. I cover my mouth with my hands, attempting to silence the notice coming from my mouth. Liam continues to clean up the glass as I attempt to control myself. Wait. Was he being serious?

"Wait. Did that really happen?" I lower my hand, slowly. Liam nods once, causing me to break out into a fit of giggles. "How does something like that happen?"

"Long story." Liam simply says.

"So, her friend kidnaps you and then you decide to date?" I ask once I stop giggling.

"Uh. It's a bit more complicated than that. Her boyfriend back than was a completely douche, and ended up cheating on her. We eventually started dating until Tori received a letter from Princeton University with a full scholarship. Tori wasn't going to take it, and I somehow let Elena talk me into breaking up with Tori because we both knew that Tori would never go while we were dating. I broke up with her that night. She hated me. She hated all of us. I still regret that day so much. A year later, we are on tour and run into Tori. To sum it up, she ended up coming on tour with us dating another douchebag, who was cheating on her with Charlotte. Tori caught him once cheating on her, but he swore that he wouldn't do it again."

I watch Liam tell the story to me with his eyes squeezed shut. His grip on the broom handle keeps getting tighter as he gets deeper in the story. Liam takes a deep breath before continuing with the story.

"All of us went out one night and Tori saw that he was cheating on her again. I wanted to pound his face in. That's what I did. The lads had to hold me back from doing anymore damage. After that, Tori finally decided to give me another chance. Her mum actually passed away not too long ago. We've been through a lot together." Liam whispers the last few sentences.

I feel my eyes prickle with tears. Tori seems like such a happy person. I would have never expected so much to happen to her.

"You love her, don't you?" I speak up, watching Liam open his eyes.

"Of course I do. Tori means the world to me." Liam grins, staring over my shoulder.

My eyebrows crinkle together as I spin around to see what he is staring at. Tori is leaning up against Louis with her left foot hovering above the ground. Her eyes are watery with tears filling them up.

"I love you too." Tori whispers, limping over to Liam.

My heart swells at the adorable couple hugging. Can I have a relationship like that?

"Mate, I don't know how you managed to do that." Zayn's voice floats into the room.

I tear my gaze away from Liam and Tori to see Harry and Zayn walk into the room, chatting to each other. Liam and Tori are still hugging each other off in their own world.

"What's going on in here?" Harry notices the situation.

"Tiam is having a moment." Louis answers before I can. Tiam? Is that their ship name?

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

Awh! Tiam!

How did you like it?

I told you I wouldn't forget about the broken mug.

Question...What do you want to happen next? Be realistic!

So, yeah!