Chapter 7

Tori's POV:

I tiptoe across the tile floor, moving around like a ninja on a top secret mission. My head pokes around the corner to look down the hall. No one in sight. I walk alongside the wall as I make my way to the part of the stairs that overlook the living room. The voices from downstairs carry up to the second floor, allowing me to listen in. I hold my breath as I peek over the railing. Louis and Carter are sitting on the couches with a bowl of popcorn in between them.

I crouch down towards the ground and lie flat on my stomach, resting my chin on the back of my hands. I know that what I'm doing is wrong, but I'm working on a way to get these two back together. I've done my research on them. Before all of us came here, I watched all of the interviews and video diaries from the X Factor. I needed to know how close they used to be and all of that.

"Whatcha doing?" A voice whispers next to me.

"Gah!" I gasp somehow managing to remain quiet. I snap my head to the left where Niall is laying on his stomach next to me. "What are you doing?" I whisper at him.

"I could ask you the same thing." Niall whispers back in his Irish accent.

"Um." I glance over the side of the floor to catch a glimpse at the future couple. "I'm studying the wood floor for cracks. I read on the Internet that caterpillars have the ability to hide in the cracks and I didn't want that to happen to us."

"You are seriously the worst liar in the world." Another voice says from my right side. I jump towards the left in surprise. "Jumpy, are we?" Zayn smirks at me.

"You two are going to give me away!" I glare at them, annoyed.

"It's not very nice to spy." Zayn whispers at me.

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm not spying. I'm simply laying on the floor above the living room. It's not my fault that their conversation is loud enough for me to hear." I shrug my shoulders, getting back in position to listen.

Carter changes her position on the couch to face Louis better. "Remember when Aiden, Matt, and I added lots of hot sauce to part of the dinner and everyone ate it?" She covers her mouth, giggling.

Louis laughs along with her. "Oh yeah. That was the same night that you were dancing behind Zayn and I."

Carter laughs even harder at the memory. "I almost forgot about that. The next morning you and Zayn put a whole bottle of hot sauce in my pancakes."

"That would have been a great prank if you hadn't switched them with ours!" Louis points his finger at her, grinning.

I smile down at the two of them. Why can't they just date already? They are so cute together. Carter may not see it, but I can tell she still cares about Louis. Louis obviously still cares about Carter. Every time he looks at her, you can see how much he loves her in his eyes. He looks at her with such adoration.

"Can I ask you a question?" Carter stares at Louis before looking down at her hands.

"Of course." Louis grabs a handful of popcorn.

"Do you remember that one video diary that you guys did when you said that you liked girls who ate carrots?" Carter pauses as Louis nods. "Why did you say it? Was it because I was eating carrots and you thought it would be funny or.." She trails off.

"I said it because it was true." Louis attempts to make eye contact with Carter.

Carter snaps her head up. "Oh."

"I was hoping at the time that it would give you a hint." Louis eats some of the popcorn.

"So, you weren't trying to convince a bunch of kids that they should eat carrots?" Carter smoothly changes the subject.

"That was just a plus." Louis chuckles.

"They really should just date already." Zayn comments, watching the two of them. "It's obvious that they both still carry about each other."

"That's why I'm playing matchmaker."

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

It's short. I know, but I thought Louis and Carter deserved to have some type of moment.

Question...Did we ever come up with a ship name for Louis and Carter? They need one.

So, yeah!