Chapter 9

Tori's POV:

Liam strolls into our bedroom with two yellow glass mugs in his hands. "Carter is fuming." He hands me one of the mugs before he climbs on the bed next to me. "Apparently, she had a discussion with Cher and from what I heard from outside of the room, Cher is set on getting Louis and Carter back together by the end of two weeks."

I blow on the steaming cup of hot tea in my hands. "Good. I need Cher on my side." I shift on the bed, allowing myself to lean my back on Liam's chest.

"I'm sure your plan will work, but you should probably know that Louis and Carter aren't the only ones with a past relationship." Liam drops his voice to a whisper, wrapping one around my waist.

I tilt my head up at him while taking a small sip of my tea. The hot liquid burns my tongue when it comes in contact with it. "What do you mean?"

Liam drinks his hot tea without flinching from the pain like I did. Is his not hot or something? "Cher and Harry were really close in the X Factor competition."

"Define close." I turn in his arm to face him instead of having to tilt my chin up.

"They secretly dated." Liam whispers.

My mouth drops open in shock. Harry and Cher used to secretly date on the X Factor? That would explain why they shared a tight and long lasting hug when they were reunited earlier. Am I playing matchmaker for them, too?

"If they secretly dated then how do you know about it?" I raise an eyebrow at him, curiously.

"Harry told me about them." Liam explains, crossing his ankles. "He said that they didn't want to take the attention away from Louis and Carter. They kept it a secret from everyone, but played it off like they were just best friends."

I process all of this information, not saying anything. If Cher is focused on getting Louis and Carter together then maybe I can secretly work on getting her and Harry together.

"STOP!" Carter's voice shouts from downstairs.

Liam and I share a confused look before darting off the bed, ditching our mugs on the bedside table. Is someone accusing of her liking Louis again? Carter doesn't exactly like when someone says that she should just date Louis already. We race out of our bedroom, down the stairs, and straight into the living room where Carter is standing in the middle of the room, her hands placed on her hips as she grins at Louis. They stand a few feet away from each other.

"What's going on here?" I walk into the room being careful in case I just stepped into a fight.

"Louis wants me to call up Aiden and Matt to invite them to join us for two weeks." Carter scowls at Louis with an innocent smile on his lips.

"What's wrong with that?" Liam walks up from behind me, draping his arms over my shoulders.

Carter shakes her head at Louis. "Because I know what their plan is." She pushes past him.

"What plan?" Cher asks from the second floor above us. Her dark brown hair hangs over the railing while she leans over, smiling down at all of us.

Carter points her finger up at her. "You! You had something to do with this!"

"Do with what?" Cher feigns confusion.

"You know what? Invite them. I don't care. You're plan won't work, though." Carter points at all of us before storming out of the room.

⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣

Author's Note:

This is so incredible short, but I don't care. I feel myself drifting from this story which is not good. So, it may be shorter than I originally planned.

Question...Do you think Aiden and Matt will come? Do you think they can help make Louis and Carter happen? What about Harry and Cher? Did you ever expect that?

So, yeah.