Chapter 2

"Liam James Payne!" I pound on his back with my fist, wiggling in his arms to get him to drop me. "Put me down!" I shout as he steps out of the warm house into the freezing weather outside.

"I don't think so." Liam tightens his hold on my waist, keeping me in place on his shoulder.

"Zayn! Harry! Louis! Niall!" I scream as loudly as possible. I crane my head around Liam's side to see him advancing to the in ground pool. "No! Don't you dare! I'm going to get sick!" I rock from side to side, trying to loosen his grip on me.

"It's only fair, love." Liam's chest rumbles with laughter underneath my legs.

"No, it's not!" I squirm like a worm on his shoulder. "I didn't do anything to you!"

Okay. That's a lie. I did do something, but he has no proof! If I'm lucky I can blame Louis or Harry for this. Louis did help me with the idea of turning the shower head so that when you turn it on, it will spray you first. Liam got pretty soaked before realising what happened.

"I know you did it." Liam stops walking.

Does he forgive me? I lift my head up and crane my neck to see around his back. The clear blue pool is only a few inches from Liam and me. He doesn't forgive me. Liam lowers me off of his shoulder, still holding on to me tightly.

I slide my arms up around Liam's neck. "Liam, you don't want to do this." I shake my head at him. "Let's go inside and watch some films." I suggest, standing on my toes, my face inching closer to his.

Liam's face softens just a little bit. "Watching films does sound like a good plan, but I need to do this first." Liam pushes me backwards towards the pool.

My eyes widen as I feel myself fall backwards. I reach out to grab in to stop me from falling into the pool. If it wasn't so cold out than I wouldn't mind this, but I will freeze when I get out. Liam backs away from me just as my hand grabs the air of where he just was. My back hits the water first and than the rest of my body submerges under. I tense my muscles up, waiting for the cold water, but instead I feel warm bath water. The pool is heated!

Liam is so dead.

I push off of the bottom of the pool, breaking the surface of the water with my head. The cold air attacks my face, causing me to instantly shiver in the warm pool. I wrap my arms around my body while kicking my legs back and forth to stay afloat.

"I-I am n-never t-talking to y-you a-a-again!" I manage to say with my teeth chattering.

Liam clutches his stomach, laughing like a hyena. "I'll go get you some towels." He walks back inside.

I can't believe he actually threw me in the pool. I'm going to get a cold on the first few days of our vacation. Isn't that just fantastic? I take a deep breath and allow my body to sink to the bottom. I move my arms to keep myself on the bottom. I do not want to get out of this pool. It is way too cold outside. I'll be surprised if I don't get hypothermia.

My lungs start to burn from the lack of air. I lunge up towards the surface just in time to see Liam step outside, being followed by a frantic Charlotte with a stack of towels. I keep my nose and eyes above water to stay as warm as possible. The door bursts open from behind them. Zayn, Louis, and Harry race out of the house, each of them carrying a blanket.

Charlotte gasps when she sees me, bobbing in the pool like an apple. She drops the blankets in a chair next to the pool, and punches Liam in the arm. "I can't believe you actually threw Tori in the pool!"

Liam runs the spot where she punched him. "Ouch. You know, for being so small, you are pretty strong."

"I don't care! You deserved it!" Charlotte snaps, picking up one of the towels. "Alright, Tori. Come on out." She opens the towel for me.