Chapter 8: A Day in the Castle Town

Asta, Noelle, Magna, and Y/N were standing in front of Captain Yami. Yami laughed, "Good job with that mission is Saussy. You did good protecting the people. We even got a star as a reward." Yami showed them the star and then placed it on the wall, "Now we've got negative thirty stars." Asta yelled, "Negative thirty?!" Noelle asked, "How do you ever get negative stars?" Asta was confused, "Wait, what even are stars?" Yami explained, "Stars are how Magic Knight Squads are ranked the more stars you have, the higher you rank. The Black Bulls are always last. The Golden Dawn has seventy stars I think." Asta got excited, "We're so close." Noelle said, "We're not close at all." Vanessa said, "The Magic Knights investigation unit has been looking over the items those guys you took down left. So far they haven't been able to get any new information from them, but they said that the pocket watch the leader had was expensive. It sounds like they might have been radical nobles." Magna growled, "Damn those bastards. I'll never forgive them." Y/N said, "Well, there's nothing we can do about that now. Most of them are dead." Yami said, "Right. Anyway, here's your pay for the month." He gave the three of them their pay. Asta was excited, "Holy cow. Look at all this money!!" Noelle said, "It's so little." Asta said, "That's what you think. You could buy 200 tatatoes!" Noelle asked, "What are those?" Asta replied, "They're a delicacy that grow in Hage that are delicious with a weird texture. Sister Lily makes the best tatatoes dishes." Noelle asked, "Who's that?" Asta cried, "The woman I'm gonna marry." Y/N scoffed, "You can't marry a nun. She's a woman of the cloth." Asta said, "I'll figure something out." Vanessa then hugged the three of them, "Hey, you've all got the day off tomorrow. How bout I take you all out some place fun to spend all that money?" 

The next day, Vanessa took the three of them to the castle town Kikka. They went shopping for some necessities. Some people watched and whispered about them. "Uh, the Black Bulls." "What are they doing here?" "That Vanessa sure is sexy." Vanessa said, "Hey, don't mind what those guys say. Let's go. There's somewhere else I wanna show you guys." She led the three of them to an empty alley. Asta was confused, "An empty alley?" Vanessa smirked knowingly before walking into a brick wall. The three of them were surprised and then proceeded to follow her. Once they passed the barrier, they were met with a large market. Vanessa said, "Welcome to the black market." Y/N said, "Are you sure that it's okay for us to be here?" Vanessa said, "Sure is. Magic Knights come here all the time. Helps discourage any thieves. Nobles don't visit this place out of spite. But here, you can get all the good stuff." Asta got excited, "Let's look around." Asta ran off while Vanessa went with Noelle to look for an item to help her control her magic power. Y/N let out a sigh as he began walking around. He saw Magna losing all the money he had gambling in a casino that was attached to the market, "What a moron." Y/N continued walking and came to an old lady gambling with the man that Asta had defeated at the Magic Knights Entrance Exam, "Hmm, I think his name was Sekke. He seems to be losing to that old lady. Pathetic." Y/N softly chuckled at the man's misfortune when he looked at the old lady. Something about her bothered him. Suddenly, he realized what was going on. After a few minutes, Sekke left to flirt with Noelle and Vanessa, but failed. Y/N took this chance to sit across from the old lady. She smiled at him, "Hey there sonny. Wanna play a round? I won't go easy on you." Y/N glared at her, "Julius, what are you doing?" The old lady gasped and then smiled, "My, aren't you the smart one? I'm impressed that you managed to see pass my disguise. What gave it away?" Y/N said, "I had this overwhelming urge to punch you in the face. It made sense to me that it had to be you." Julius frowned, "I see. Well that's disturbing to say the least." As he was about to open his mouth, a man ran pass them and stole his winnings. In his old lady voice, Julius called out, "Stop! Thief!" Asta and Sekke began chasing the thief with Noelle and Vanessa following. Julius turned to Y/N, "Aren't you gonna go get the thief?" Y/N shook his head, "No, those guys got him. Besides, seeing your sad face is much more satisfying." Julius frowned, "Father Seth was right. There's something wrong with how you were raised." The two began walking to where the thief had gone. Asta had managed to capture him and gave Julius back his money. Julius thanked him. Vanessa, Noelle, and Asta started heading out. Asta turned back, "Hey, Y/N, you coming?" Y/N said, "I'll be there in a minute." Asta gave him a nod of understanding and ran to join Vanessa and Noelle. Julius smiled and transformed back to his true form, "Magic that negates other magic. How interesting. That's one of the boys Father Seth mentioned. Wait, is that even magic? Oh well." Y/N glared at him, "Shouldn't you be working?" Julius said, "Shouldn't you?" Y/N said, "No, it's my day off. I already did my work." Julius laughed, "Oh, right. Got me there." Suddenly, a projection appeared by Julius' side, "Lord Julius. I finally got through to you." Julius stared at the projection of the mushroom hair man, "Ah, Marx. How nice to see you. I was just out on a stroll looking for new and interesting magic. You know, ever encounter with magic is special and unique." Marx yelled, "There's no time for that! There's been a development!!" Julius held out his hand to stop Marx, "I've already been made aware of the situation. Don't worry, I have the perfect idea of how to deal with it." Julius smiled down at Y/N. Y/N glared at the old man, "You better not be thinking what I think that you're thinking."

A/N: As mentioned in the previous chapter, I have written a new Black Clover male reader insert story. The title is "Sworn to the Clover." The are three different versions of this story: one with a male harem, one with a female harem, and one with a single love interest. If you are interested in any of the story versions, they all have different covers and will say if its the Black Clover males or Black Clover females x male reader. Thank you and I wish you well.