Chapter 9: Dungeon Exploration

Luck, Asta, Noelle, and Y/N were walking down a dark entrance. Noelle grabbed Asta as a way to comfort herself, causing him to drop the lamp. Noelle yelled, "Watch what you're doing Stupidsta!" Asta yelled, "Me? You're the one who grabbed me!" Noelle said, "You're blaming me. I'm royalty!" Asta yelled, "What does that have to do with anything?" Y/N used his magic to bring a little light, "There. Now, can the two of you shut up. I think you're upsetting Nero." The two of them looked to see that the anti-bird that followed Asta, which had been named Nero by Luck, was now sitting on Y/N's shoulder. Noelle said, "Well, it's Dorksta's fault." Asta growled at her, "Y/N don't listen to her. She's lying." Y/n let out a sigh, "Man, why do I have to be here?"

Flashback: Earlier that day

Yami said, "Hey, a new dungeon's appeared." The Black Bulls stopped what they were doing and screamed out loud. Asta asked, "What's a dungeon?" Magna yelled, "Why are you screaming if you don't even know what it is?" Asta said, "I was just going with the flow." Magna began explaining, "Dungeons are really dangerous places that are filled with lots of rare treasures and artifacts from ancient times." Asta was impressed. Luck said, "Yeah, but they're super dangerous because of the traps that were left to ward off grave robbers." Asta became depressed. Yami said, "Yeah, well it's been said that some guys have managed to discover world changing magic in those dungeons." Asta held up his hand, "Oh, I wanna go. I wanna find world changing magic!" Yami said, "You can't even use magic so that won't matter. Besides, you and Y/N have been recruited by the Wizard King for this mission." Asta screamed in excitement. Magna asked, "Damn Asta, when you'd get in good with the Wizard King?" Asta said, "I don't know." Y/N let out a sigh, "Damn it, Julius." 

Present

The four Magic Knights were walking further down the corridor. Luck touched a part of the wall, revealing a door to the dungeon. Noelle and Y/N were amazed by the mana that was in the air. Noelle said, "Wow, I've never felt so much mana in one place." Y/N said, "I know. I never knew that places like this even existed." Asta asked, "Is it really that incredible?" Noelle asked, "Don't tell me that you don't know what mana is." Asta said, "Of course I know what mana is. (He threw himself on the ground and hit it with his fists.) It's what nobles like you have by the boat loads and what I've got none of." As he continued slamming his fists, he triggered one of the traps. As the trap activated, Asta pulled out his anti-magic sword and negated the trap. Asta let out a sigh of relief. Luck pointed to an area, "Hey Asta, step here." Asta did as he was told, triggering another trap. Asta was able to negate it, but Luck continued to set off traps, causing Asta to constantly negate them. Luck laughed, "Wow. You're anti-magic is really something. That's probably the reason why the Wizard King asked for you. I'd like to fight you in a few years." Asta, Noelle, and Y/N gave him a deadpan look and thought, 'This guy's insane!' Luck then turned around and activated a spell, "I've got take care of something. See you in a little bit." Luck bounced off the walls like lightning and then disappeared in the dungeon. Asta and Noelle gasped, looking where he had gone, "He left us." Y/N said, "I should've known. He seemed like some crazy maniac. I figured he would do something like this. Well, no point in waiting for him to come back. We better go look for the dungeon treasure." Y/N began leaving. Asta and Noelle looked back one last time before heading back. Noelle started walking up front. She huffed, "That man is impossible. I can't believe that he just left us like that." As she reached the end of the stairs, she triggered a trap of vines that suddenly tangled her up. Noelle screamed in terror. Asta pulled out his sword again and Y/N prepared a spell, but the two of them were tangled in the vines before they got the chance. Y/N's grimoire was closed shut due to the vines so he couldn't use any spells. Asta's sword was taken as well. Noelle screamed even louder when the vines moved her over a mouth. She was about to be eaten alive by the trap. Asta called out, "Noelle!" Suddenly, the vines were cut and the trap was destroyed by wind magic. The three of them fell to the floor and looked up. "I've finally repaid my debt to you...Asta." Asta grinned, "Yuno." Y/N looked up and saw that it was Yuno, as well as two other members of the Golden Dawn, "Great. The Golden Dawn."