Chapter 5: The Black Bulls

Y/N was waiting with Yami, Finral, and Gordon. They had to wait because Asta had gone to use the bathroom as soon as all the captains had made their choices. Asta ran to them. Yami glared at him, "What the hell took you so long? Was your crap really that long?" Asta widened his arms apart, "Yeah. it was this long." Yami grabbed his head, "Did I ask for a detailed description of your poop? Don't make me wait or I'll kill ya. Finral, portal." Finral responded, "Got it." He opened his grimoire and opened a spatial gate. Asta and Y/N stared at the portal in awe. Yami said, "Since you can't ride a broom, you need to learn a different method of transportation. Oh, yeah, that's right. You don't have any magic." Finral began to shake, "Um, Captain, can you hurry it up? This portal takes a lot of energy to keep open." Yami glared at Finral, "Are you ordering me around? Push past your limits." Finral groaned in resignation. Yami threw Asta through the portal while the rest walked through. Asta had landed on the ground. Y/N asked, "Are you okay?" Asta sprung back up, "Yeah. It'll take a lot more than being thrown like that to hurt me." Y/N hummed in acknowledgement of Asta's sturdiness. The two of them looked up to the house in front of them. Yami said, "Well, here we are. The Black Bulls' hideout." Asta ran into the house, "Hello! I'm Asta from Hage village and I'll be a Black Bull starting today!!" Inside the house, there were two people fighting each other over pudding, a woman that was hungover, a large man that blew out smoke, a small woman who was eating food, and a guy that was looking at  a picture of a little girl. Y/N said, "I don't think they heard you." Asta groaned in disappointment. Yami yelled at the others, "Will you idiots stop destroying stuff?!!?!" As he smashed the wall next to him, Y/N and Asta thought, 'Way to lead by example.' The others stopped once they saw the captain and ran to greet him. Yami chased them off. He then pointed to the two boys, "These are our new recruits. Don't kill them." Y/N frowned, 'Kill?' Asta yelled out, "I'm Asta from Hage village and I'm a Black Bull starting today!! Nice to meet you!!" Y/N said, "I'm Y/N from V/N. I hope that I won't be killed by any of you." The hungover woman said, "Hage and V/N. Your both from the sticks and you got into the Magic Knights. That's quite an achievement. How about I  give you both a little reward?" Asta said, "Thank you, but I already have my heart set on another!" Y/N said, "Yeah, no." Just then, the woman threw up. One of the two that had been fighting came up to them, "You're new Black Bulls. Wussy little runts from the back end of nowhere? I dunno how you sucked up Captain Yami, but you two want to wear our robe, you gotta earn some respect from me, Captain Yami's top underling, man among men, Magna Swing!" Y/N leaned to Finral, "Please don't tell me that means he's the Vice Captain." Finral shook his head, causing Y/N to let out a sigh of relief. Asta grew excited at getting the robe, "Gimme!! Please!!" Magna chuckled, "I see. I get it. You want it that bad, huh? In that case, come get baptized!" Asta and Y/N said, "Huh?" Magna led them outside, followed by the other members. Magna pointed to Asta, "Your up first. Get over there." Asta walked a few feet in front of Magna. Magna said, "I'm about to launch attack magic at you. Block it or avoid it, any way you want! Do that and you're a Black Bull, free and clear, and I'll give you this robe." Asta said, "Yes, sir!" Magna and Asta summoned their grimoires. Asta took out his sword while Magna prepared a spell, "Flame Magic: Exploding Fireball." As the attack neared Asta, he moved his sword to the flat end, causing the attack to go back to Magna. The rest of the Black Bulls were impressed. Finral put down his grimoire that he had taken out just in case. Y/N whistled, "So the flat end repels magic." He looked to Asta, who seemed just as shocked, "I'm guessing that he wasn't aware of it either." As the smoke cleared, Magna got up after having received damage, "You little runt! I was this close to getting offed by my own magic. You... completely rocked." Magna then began praising Asta and said that he was a commoner too. The other members began congratulating Asta. Y/N let out a sigh of relief that he didn't have to deal with Magna. Magna then turned, "Don't think I forgot about you. Get over there." Y/N groaned and did as he was told. Magna prepared the same spell, "Flame Magic: Exploding Fireball!" As the attack was approaching, Y/N let out  a simple beam of light the blasted an attack on to the side of Magna's face. Magna and the other Black Bulls were shocked. Y/N said, "If I actually used my grimoire, it would be a waste. Besides, now you understand that I am more powerful than you and could easily take off your head." Magna and the others were silent. Magna then yelled out, "That was awesome!" Y/N was surprised. He and expected them to be wary of him. Magna gave him a one arm hug, "Man, you've got as much magic as a noble, maybe even more. You definitely earned your robe." Magna pulled out two robes, "Here, these are yours." Asta and Y/N put on their new robes. Meanwhile, the hungover woman used her magic to add the Black Bulls' emblem to Asta's headband. She said, "Now you're both honorary members of the Black Bulls." Magna then said, "Alright. Now it's time for a tour of the base, led by me, Magna. Follow me." Asta ran right after Magna. Y/N groaned as he ran after the two of them. As Magna showed them the areas of the base, Y/N felt strong magic closing in. Magna stopped them. In front of them was a girl with silver hair. Y/N thought, 'It was her. A noble. No, royal. The House of Silva. Why would they send a member of royalty to the Black Bulls?' Magna said, "So this is where you were, huh? Hey, Asta, Y/N, meet your comrade. She's the other new member." Asta got excited at the mention of a comrade, "Hi, I'm Asta from Hage Village. Let's compete with each other and do our best!" The girl slapped his hand away, "Don't address me casually. Little insects with your paltry magic. I am Noelle Silva. A member of this country's royal family." Asta was surprised, "I do beg your pardon! A little insect like myself should never had presumed to..." Noelle said, "As long as you understand." Asta said, "Hey. Who's a little insect? As knights, we're on the same level! Royalty's got nothing to do with it!!" Magna said, "You tell her Asta!!" Y/N said, "Please stop making such childish arguments. She's not going to listen. That's how all nobles are." Noelle said, "It seems that at least one of you understand. But, it seems that you two need to be shown the difference in our powers." She launched an attack that ended up hitting Magna. Y/N covered his mouth to avoid laughing. Magna complained about being hit out of nowhere. Noelle replied, "It's your fault for standing there. Who gave you permission to be there?" Y/N thought, 'It looks like she can't control her magic very well, even though she has a lot. Guess that's why she's in the Black Bulls.' As Y/N snapped out of his thoughts, Noelle threw her robe to the floor, "I wouldn't be in this group if you paid me." Magna yelled even more at her about respecting the robe. Y/N tilted his head, "What's her problem? Even though she has problems with controlling her magic, she's probably the most decent and reasonable person in this squad." Magna then led the two of them to their rooms, "Here's where the two of you will be sleeping. You'll be neighbors. Whaddya think? So tiny and dirty it's sad, huh? Just so you know my room's twice as..." Asta began crying, "My own room!" Y/N walked away and began putting things away and began cleaning his won room, "Great. Now I get to listen to him everyday and night. " Once he was done with the cleaning, Y/N went to sleep in the bed.

Y/N woke up with a start. he sensed incredible magic going out of control. He walked out of the base and approached the other Black Bulls that were already at the scene. Y/N saw a large mass of water magic, "I'm guessing that Ms. Noelle lost control." Yami said, "Since she's in there, she'll get hurt if we attack it with magic..." Just then, Asta came flying towards them. Yami grabbed him and told him to do something about the large amount of mana before throwing him at it. Asta yelled as he brought out his sword and negated the magic. Noelle and Asta were falling, but Finral managed to save them with Spatial Magic: Fallen Angel Gate. Noelle begun to straighten herself up. Asta said, "Hey...that was awesome! You're amazing." Yeah, but that was obvious from the attack when we met and that huge mass of mana just now." The others began to tell her that it was okay that she couldn't control her magic. Asta let out a hand. Noelle took it and said, "Thank you, very much." Y/N stared before he realized something, "Damn it, a royal did join this squad. And I helped encourage her. I'll kill Julius later for this.'