Chapter 3: A Decision

Y/N was returning to the church after having gone to the market to buy some groceries for him to cook dinner. As Y/N returned, he saw that Father Seth was talking to Julius. Y/N let out an annoyed groan. Julius and Father Seth saw him approach and waved at him. Julius said, "Hello Y/N. How have you been?" Y/N simply walked passed him, completely ignoring him. Father Seth grabbed the collar of his shirt, "Don't ignore such an important guest." Y/N glared at Father Seth in annoyance before admitting defeat, "Fine. What do you want Wizard King?" Julius asked, "Well, have you given any thought to joining the Magic Knights since the last time I saw you?" Y/N said, "I already said that I'm not going to join. No matter how many times you ask me, my answer will not change." Julius began to weep a little bit. Father Seth apologized, "I am so very sorry about that. He's just got a terrible personality. I have no idea where he got it from. I tried my best to fix it, but I failed. It's why he doesn't have any friends or get along with anyone in town. I am so sorry." Father Seth thought for a moment, "I know. Why don't you stay for dinner?" Y/N jumped at the question. Julius jumped in excitement, "I would love too." Y/N muttered, "Is it really okay for us to feed commoner food to the Wizard King?"

Y/N was finishing cooking the dinner as Father Seth was setting up the table. Julius was sitting down, waiting for the dinner to be finished. Y/N called out, "Okay, I finished. Father Seth, please set up the dishes so that I may begin setting up the food." Father Seth grabbed the plates and placed them in front of the three chairs that were at the small table." Julius said, "My, what a comfty little dining room. Not a lot of people." Father Seth chuckled, "Yes. Not a lot of people live here to begin with, so not a lot of orphans. That means that the church tends to be empty." Y/N said, "Well, I think that's for the best. It would be annoying to have to make dinner for more people." Julius frowned, "I feel as if though that was an attack on me." Y/N said, "I didn't make any implications." Father Seth said, "Well, I guess it would be kind of lonely if you left. Plus I would have to cook for myself." Julius frowned, "I thought that you were on my side." Father Seth shrugged, "I am. But who knows if he'd even be a good magic knight." Y/N glared at Father Seth, "I am aware that that was an attack on my pride, but I am not so prideful to fall for your trap." Father Seth said, "Well, there are two other commoners that I know of that are going to try to join the Magic Knights." Julius raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's wonderful. I've been hoping that more commoners would try to join the Magic Knights. It would make it easier to build a bridge between the commoners and the nobility. That is my goal as the Wizard King." Father Seth said, "What a wonderful dream. The two that I heard of would be very useful in that endeavor. They're both orphans at the church where an old friend of mine is. One of them is a powerful wind mage who got a four leaf clover. My friend tells me that he's a genius. And the other one is someone without any magic power at all. He has a strange five leaf clover and has a strange sword that is capable of erasing magic all together." Julius's eyes sparkled in excitement, "Really? That sounds so interesting. I can't wait to see those two in action. To see a four leaf clover in action is rare. I have never seen one before. I wonder what sort of amazing magic he'll end up using. And a sword that erases magic altogether! That sounds absolutely amazing!!" Father Seth said, "Well, I bet those two will actually make it into the Magic Knights. My friend tells me that he has high hopes for the four leaf clover one." Julius finished eating and asked, "Oh, how exciting. And who are these two?" Father Seth said, "The one with the four leaf is called Yuno and the one with the five leaf clover is named Asta." Julius smiled, "Yuno and Asta. I'll make sure to keep my eye out for them." Father Seth said, "Yes. My friend is saying that they both want to be the Wizard King someday, just like the first one." Julius said, "My, what a wonderful dream." Father Seth nodded, "Yes. When I heard about it, I got excited at the idea of a commoner becoming the Wizard King. I wished that Y/N had the drive to accomplish great things. I just worry that his talent is being wasted here in this tiny village. That's the reason why I wanted him to try out for the Magic Knights. It would be the best way for his talents to be used." Y/N walked back into the room after putting the plates to be washed and sighed, "Fine." Father Seth turned to him, "Fine what?" Y/N pouted, "I'll try out for the Magic Knights. I guess I owe it to you since you took care of me and want what's best for me. And if I don't, you'll probably end up nagging to me about it for the rest of my life. But I won't make any promises about getting in." Father Seth and Julius both jumped in joy and went to hug Y/N who moved out of the way to dodge them.