Chapter 2- Odette

It didn't take too long to make it to my room, my mood ruined for the day.

He wasn't lying when he said I would stay with him.

No matter what, how old I was, Jay would always be there to open his window and let me stay with him for the night.

He knew that I needed help, and he wasn't afraid to offer it.

Although no one ever knew about it.

Stepping inside, I stared around at all of the pinkness, shocked at how horrible it was.

Walking over to the curtains, I rubbed my hands over it, my magic slipping through my fingers and covering it.

It didn't stiffen the fabric however, it simply changed it.

Letting out a smile, I let my magic flow into the whole room, all of the pink turning an ice blue.

It was much better after that, and I put my bag on my bed, opening up my dance bag.

There was a loud knock on my door as I unpacked my ballet things, and I paused, stepping over to open it.

Ben was standing there, with a slightly off look on his face.

"What are you afraid of?" I asked, and he looked surprised at the question.

"I've never met someone with powers like yours. I'm afraid of being frozen somewhere like Jay." He replied honestly, surprising me.

"Why didn't you lie?"

"It was something I was taught when I was younger. Lying only hurts people, while being honest may hurt some people, but at least there is nothing you can do." He replied, leaning on the door frame as I went back to unpacking.

"I was taught when you are honest, people will use it against you."

"You dance?" Ben asked, staring at the shoes that sat on the bed.

"Yes. Rothbart was my longest foster home, and as I'm sure you know, he has a thing for ballet," I replied, putting clothes away in the drawers that I had.

"Would you like to start ballet here? Our school team starts in about an hour and a half, so if you would like, I could leave you to finish unpacking, and then meet you back here to take you to the studio in about an hour?" He offered, and I smirked, thinking about what Rothbart said.

"Sounds like a great plan," I responded, and he smiled.

"I love what you have done with the place," he said with a chuckle, before walking away.

Closing the door behind him, I wondered what these girls would be like, although it hardly mattered.

The type of people that would do dance at this school would be the most prestigious girls, the ones who have had a silver spoon in their mouths their whole lives.

They didn't want someone like me changing anything.

Glancing over at the short, frilly curtain that hung off of my bed, I wondered if I could change it more than just its color.

Using my powers once again, I worked to make it longer, and soon I had beautiful transparent curtains hanging, which looked much better than it did before.

Taking it a step further, I wrapped the wood of my bed frame with ice sculptures, turning it into an art piece.

It was like nothing I had ever done before, and yet it felt so natural to me.

As I played with my ice, my room slowly became more personalized, as if it was really mine.

Glancing at the clock on the wall, I saw that I had spent forty five minutes doing it, and quickly gathered my dance outfit, getting changed into it.