Chapter 13- The Passageway

I woke up to Freja purring, the strong vibration against my chest.

"Having a good morning?" I asked with a chuckle, and she opened her big eyes at me.

I rubbed her head, and she moved her head towards me, getting me to switch a certain spot on her head.

Glancing at the clock, I noticed that it was getting closer to when the family day things were starting.

"I suppose that we should get ready huh girl," I commented, getting out of bed.

She rolled onto her back, looking at me upside down on the bed.

"Oh yes, such a big bad predator," I said with a chuckle, pulling out the outfit that Evie made me.

Walking into my bathroom, I quickly changed into it, doing a half up half down hairdo.

Doing my signature makeup, I went and grabbed a bunch of rings again, slipping them on both hands.

Grabbing a set of heeled ankle boots, I smirked at my reflection in the mirror.

"What do you think Freja?" I asked her, walking over to the big cat.

She was still lying on my bed, and her ears perked when she heard her name.

"We should probably get going," I said, and she jumped down, understanding the words.

I opened the door to see Carlos, who was just raising his hand to knock.

"Timing," I commented, stepping out of the room.

"So you like her hey?" He asked, walking with us down the hallway.

"She is quite sweet," I replied, glancing at her fondly.

"I thought she would be good. Her fur is fairly thick, which should help with your ice. She should be quite resilient," he informed me

I nodded, and she looked up at me happily.

"So are you excited for today?" He asked, as we started down the stairs.

"Yeah the orphan going to family day. Should be fun," I commented, before hearing the tune again.

Where the North Wind,
Meets the sea.

It was trying to remind me that wouldn't be true.

Absolute bullshit.

"Well, could be interesting, meeting the other people. I mean, here is where we get most of our stories," Carlos added, struggling a bit to keep up with me.

"Oh yeah, more of the goody two shoes. Now it's just their parents. At least there should be good food," I replied, flicking my hair.

"Are you going to stay for the whole time?"