Chapter 11- I'm Fine Just Stupid

I woke up to my annoying alarm sounding, and let out a groan, my eyes barely opening.

Today was when morning practices for the ballet started, to get in the most amount of practice as possible.

Getting up, I picked out a dance outfit, not caring how much I looked like I was from the Isle.

Pulling on the tight little shorts and breathable long sleeve, throwing my hair up into a bun.

Not even bothering to do makeup, I grabbed my dance bag, walking out of the room.

My bare feet padded against the floor, seeming loud against the early morning quiet.

I was getting used to the route to the studio, so it did not take me too long to get there, enjoying how there were so few people.

Walking through the door, I saw Clarence and Nucka already there, as well as Owen.

"Hey Nina," said Clarence, giving me a friendly smile.

"Yeah yeah I get it morning person," I grumbled, sitting down to put on my pointe shoes.

He started to laugh, and Nucka sat down to tie her shoes as well.

"Don't really like getting up early?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Not particularly. It's not like it's taught on the Isle," I replied, starting to stretch.

"What do you mean?" Nucka asked, curiosity in her warm brown eyes.

"Even at school, more class points if you are late. They were teaching us to be villains. And villains hate mornings," I said, before standing.

"That's interesting. I didn't know that," Clarence said, before we all headed to the barre.

We quickly worked through positions to warm up, before splitting up into the two groups.

We were all picking up on the choreography very quickly, which absolutely thrilled Odette.

"You all are doing so well! Now, remember to stretch before going to your classes," she said at the end of the practice, and we all moved to the floor to do some stretches.

"You are doing really good Nina," said Clarence, and I smiled at him, pulling off my pointe shoes.

"You sound surprised," I replied, starting to stretch.

"Well, you pick up on things much faster than Audrey does," he added, and I let out a snort.

Finishing stretching, I waved at them before walking out.

Jay was waiting outside, leaning against the wall.

He stood up straight when I walked out, and I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want?" I asked, and he started to walk with me.

"I just, I want to know why you have to push me away. Why whenever I help you, you get mad at me," he asked, and I stared at him.