Chapter 16- Lots to Catch Up On

Stretching, I looked around the dressing rooms, watching everyone buzzing around.

Makeup was being done, costumes were being carted around, and the other dancers were stretching.

"You excited?" Clarence asked, coming to sit beside me.

"I suppose. I've never danced in an official ballet before, so should be interesting," I replied, leaning over my leg.

"Well I'm sure you will do wonderfully, I mean, look at how we have been practicing. Everyone will be watching you," he said, and I paused.

"They're already watching," I muttered, and Clarence gently reached out, patting me softly.

"I won't deny that they are. If you ever need to get away, our door is always open," he said, before pulling away.

"Except no one has ever been able to find your magical land without an escort," I replied, and he raised an eyebrow.

"I can do my research," I added, and he chuckled.

"But no one is like you. You'll get in. I have no doubts," he smirked, as Odette came up to us.

"Good to see you both having a great time but shouldn't you both be warming up?" She asked, twitching nervously.

"We always stretch before warm up. Odette what's wrong?" Clarence asked, and she glanced around.

"The Royal families are here. Arendelle, The Nutcracker's, Sleeping Beauty, and King Ben even. There are so many people, it has to be perfect," she said, pacing slightly.

"Odette, it's going to be alright. Look at who we have dancing the lead," Clarence said, standing and putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Take a deep breath."

She paused, doing as he said, and you could see the tension lower from her shoulders.

"Well still. I don't want anyone getting hurt midshow. Hop to it!" She said, before speeding away.

"Is she always like that?" I asked, and he nodded with a chuckle.

"Yeah. I think it has something to do with her dance with Odile. The last dance is the most important," he replied, finishing his stretching standing.

"What's it like being a prince?" I blurted without thinking, before covering my expression again.

He paused, surprised at the sudden outburst.

"It's hard, I won't lie to you. As I'm the oldest, the Kingdom is going to me. Unlike here, they want to wait I am older to crown me however. Your cousin will take the throne, so you don't have to deal with that. But. People are watching everything. If you mess up, even a little bit, no one let's you forget it," he answered honestly, watching me carefully.

"You're scared aren't you? What are you scared of?" He asked, reaching his hand out to pull me up.

I opened and closed my mouth a couple times when we were walking over to the barres.

"At a very young age, I got the name of the trouble kid, then the name of the one who would seduce people for selfish reasons. I never changed it, because that meant people didn't have any expectations of me. But now, people will. And I don't know if I'll be able to meet them."

I started to warm up my legs, doing different exercises to get the muscles working.

"They should hopefully understand. Your background is very different from what the Royal families are used to. Just try your best, and when in doubt, keep quiet. It'll get easier as time goes on."