Orchid

I was walking through the halls of hogwarts when a rather tall figure walked beside me.

"Can I help you?"
"I'm George."
"Good for you."
"I like that flower." He commented, pointing at the flower in my hair. "It's different."
"I like different." Then Snape came out of his classroom and I had to go. "I should go. It was nice meeting you!" I yelled back and he waved. I had a feeling we would be good friends.

~After Potions~

"Hey orchid!" I rolled my eyes.
"Hi George." He walked beside me again. "What's up?"
"Nothing. Just wanted to see you."
"That's cheesy."
"But did it work?" He looked at me hopefully and I shook my head. "Next time then."
"I doubt that."
"How was potions?"
"Shit as per. You do realise that if umbitch sees you this close to me we'll get a detention, right?"
"She's a bit busy at the moment." There was a loud bang from the floor above us and George smirked.
"What did you do?"
"No time! Run!" He yanked my arm, pulling me into a nearby closet. He bolted the door shut behind us and panted dramatically.
"You wanna tell me what that was all about?"
"I may or may not have put my darling twin brother up to the task of distracting Madame Umbridge so that I could give you this." He handed me a small note and turned to leave.

That was three years ago.

I'd found out that George was leaving that year, but he left my boyfriend so that was fine by me. And then I found out a few days ago that he may have developed feelings for one of the new girls working his shop.

I mean, I could see why he would, with her blonde hair and green eyes - her perfectly shaped lips and her perfect posture. She was everything he needed and more in a girl. So we separated. I took all my things and left the flat. I didn't tell him I was leaving and I don't think he expected me to — it was only a little argument, but it was a little argument that meant everything to me.

That was what got me here, clutching the orchid I had in my hair and the note he'd given me that day. On the floor of my sister's tiny bathroom waiting for the results on a test I never thought I'd have to take.

A pregnancy test.

My sister knocked twice on the bathroom door.

"One minute!"

"Hurry up before Theo pisses himself!"

Theo was her son. My nephew. I knew that I wouldn't be able to have my baby here — she had too much on her plate already. I cleared my throat before unlocking the bathroom door, shoving the test in my pocket.

I gave her a close-lipped smile and pushed my way past her.

A few minutes later, she sat down on the seat beside me, placing something down. I looked at the counter, only to see the test.

"It fell out of your pocket when you went past."

"Oh-"

She placed her hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner, making me feel at ease.

"I'll help you. We can get through it."

"But you've got Theo and I'm only 18 and-"

"Theo's fine, he's sleeping and he goes to the toilet on his own." I sighed, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "And as for your age, you're the most mature eighteen year old I know. We'll be fine, promise."

"Okay."

"Okay." She nodded reassuringly. "Now what are we to do about this fella of yours?"