Comfort Cuddles...

I was pushed against the wall, unable to move as those Slytherin bastards each pulled out their wands. I flinched as Pansy raised hers, waiting for the impact, but it didn't come. I looked up and I was met with a pair of chocolatey brown eyes, smiling up at me. I nodded curtly, before turning to walk away. How embarrassing! I had spent my whole life proving that I wasn't a damsel in distress, I wasn't someone who needed a knight in shining armour to save me. But that didn't matter if I couldn't even protect myself against stupid bullies...

"Hey!" I spun around. "Hey, are you okay?" He stood at my side, wrapping his arm over my shoulder.
"Yeah. I'm fine." I pushed it off.
"No you're not."
"Like you care."

I walked away furiously, if I was any redder I'd be an apple. I sat down beside Hermione and Ginny, sighing before putting some food on my plate. George came in shortly after, sitting across from me on the table- in between Fred and Angelina.

"Hey Y/N."
"Hey herms."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah... just Pansy again."
"Ahh."
"Y'know Y/N, I don't know why you don't stand up to her."
"I agree." George piped in. "I don't remember any time you didn't stick up for yourself."
"Y'know what I don't remember, George?"
"I'm sure you're gonna tell me anyway."
"That's right."
"We'll go on then."
"I don't ever remember asking the twat across the table from me to stick his nose into my business."
"He was only trying to help, Y/N."
"Okay, Hermione, and was he trying to help when he kissed Angelina fucking Johnson at the ball- even when he asked me?"
"No, but-"
"But what? He's sorry? He didn't mean it? Save your breath." I dug into my food. "I get it, k? I get that he probably only asked me out of pity but he should have least saved necking her until after the ball was over."
"I agree."
"It's principle." I continued. "But what's George Weasley if not breaking principle all the time?" I stood up and stormed out... I don't know why what he did effected me so much, especially since I knew he could never like me anyway.

________________________________

I knew she was right... but it wasn't as if I actually wanted her to be my girlfriend when I asked her to the ball... Ah who am I kidding I was head over heels in love with her. I didn't kiss Angelina, it was... well I did kiss her, but not like that. She wanted to make Fred jealous and I wanted to make Y/N jealous, since they were dancing with eachother, but I didn't want her to kiss me- I thought we were just gonna flirt or something.

"She's right, Georgie."
"I know..."
"You're an ass."
"I know!" I lost my temper. "I know, okay? I know I shouldn't have tried to make her jealous and I know I should have explained this to her sooner and I know that I was completely in the wrong, so you don't need to remind me every chance you get."
"Why are you telling us this? Last time I checked we aren't the ones whose heart you broke."
"I'm gonna tell her." Fred raised his eyebrow. "I am! I'm just waiting for the right time."
"So when she's vulnerable and easy to cheer up isn't the best time?" Fred remarked.
"Plus she started her period this morning." Angelina added from beside him.
"Angelina!"
"What?"
"She might not want everyone knowing, you know!"
"Ah come on, we're talking about the girl who screamed at snape when he screamed at her to put her cardigan back on."
"That doesn't even contribute to her wanting her personal privacy."
"I know about personal privacy."
"Do you really, Angelina? If you did then you wouldn't have kissed the person your best friend was completely and utterly in love with!" I have never seen Hermione lose her temper- other than with Ron of course. "Don't even try to tell me that you know about her personal space and privacy." She said, calmer.
"Oh come on Hermione."
"No, Fred! I get that Angelina is your girlfriend and all, but you've known Y/N for the better part of your life and she is hurting and as her best friend, you're supposed to be there for her! You just want to get laid! And that's why you constantly put girls before everyone else in your life- the fact of the matter is than you're a man-whore who puts sex before everybody else in your life." She looked around the table. "Now does anybody else want to try and defend her." She nodded towards Angelina. "Against my best friend? Because I dare you.. try me." She was scary! It made me happy, though, to know just how much she cares for Y/N. "Now, George, is there somebody you need to see?"