Wash It Away #2

You woke up early in the morning, sitting up and leaning over to get your book. The book however, was on the chair next to your bed- which there was also a small piece of paper on. You opened it up, taking your time skimming through it. It was a really sweet letter, but you didn't actually know who it was from.

'Y/N,
I'm assuming you're reading this in the morning, because when we left you could barely keep your eyes open. I am so sorry that you felt like you had to do this to yourself! I just wanted you to know that you are worth it, and that Malfoy is an asshole. Anybody who thinks Pansy Parkinson is prettier than you- well they need glasses. You're worth it! Don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise!
Weaslebee.'

So, which Weasley did you get the letter from? There were so many! You jumped up, pushing out of the curtains and running over to Madame Pomfrey.

"Miss. L/N, you really should rest."
"And I will, in a moment."
"Well, what is it that you need?"
"This letter." You raised the parchment. "Did you see who left it?"
"Er- one of the taller ones. I know it wasn't Ronald or that stuck-up one, because they're short, but it could have been any one of the others."
"Thank you, Madame Pomfrey."
"That's alright dearie, now please rest. The weasleys will be over to visit shortly."
"Okay. Thank you!"

You were always close to the Weasley family, especially since you defended Ron against some prissy Slytherins in your second year. You were close to all of them, except George out of the twins- who didn't seem to like you very much. You brushed that off though, because Mrs. Weasley-Molly- and Arthur treated you with such kindness, even more so than your own mother. You were a Gryffindor, born into a family of Hufflepuffs- which disappointed your parents because of how reckless you were. You laid your head to rest on the pillow, not sleeping- only thinking. You had excluded Ginny from your list, because she was just as short, and Fred because he seemed too kind to lie to you, and Bill because he didn't visit you when the letter was left. You were going to exclude George but then you remembered something he said before you jumped. 'You should know that I don't hate you, not at all. I just wish you would step down so we can talk.' That was really the only thing that kept him on the list- your mental list that is. Somebody forcefully ragged back the thin curtain and you were met with Ginny's happily glistening brown eyes.

"Y/N! You're awake!"
"Hello, Ginny."
"Hey Y/N."
"Fred."
"Hello dear! Arthur isn't joining today, he's far too busy at the ministry."
"No worries, Molly." Molly handed you a small box.
"George said he wanted you to have it."
"Oh?"
"He said he'd be around shortly." You nodded, lifting the lid of the box- revealing his scraggly old jumper with his initial on it. "He says they'd always make him feel better, thought it'd do the same for you."
"Wow!" Ginny sat down on the bed beside you.
"Now we just need somebody to make you an official Weasley." She whispered into your ear.
"Ginny!" You hit her shoulder.
"What? What did she say?" Fred said nosily.
"Nothing, Fred, she's just being a git as per usual."
"And I thought it was getting exciting." He remarked sarcastically.
"Well Fred, being nosey isn't gonna get you anywhere but working as a cleaner for the ministry, now is it?" You snapped back. Fred was taken aback, eyeing you strangely.
"Great, another girl for me to be scared of."
"What? You weren't already scared of her?"
"Hi, George." He looked you in the eye, then drifted down to the jumper that you were clutching in your hand.
"You got it."
"Mhm." You folded up the parchment that was tucked away beneath the jumper, and set it down on the night stand. "It's been like hell here, I haven't eaten decent food in ages!"
"You've been here for a day!"
"Shut up George."
"I swear, girls are so dramatic." You pulled out your wand, making him squeal and jump back.
"Sorry, who's dramatic?"
"Okay, point proven." He handed you a pumpkin pastie. "The food was awful when I was here too, thought you might like something proper."
"Thank yo-" You looked around the room. It was completely empty other than you and George. "Where did everyone go?"
"I...don't know." You burst out laughing, he glared at you playfully.
"Sorry! Sorry..." You looked down. "It's just, they were really quiet."
"I wonder why they left me behind."
"Hey!" You kicked about your feet. "Am I really that boring?"
"No." He scratched the back of his neck, cringing. "No, that's not what I meant."
"I know, don't worry." He sat on the edge of your bed. "Hey George?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you know who sent this note?" You showed him it. He smirked slightly, then shook his head.
"No, sorry L/N. You're best off asking Ginny." You tilted your head, confused. He'd never called you by your last name before.
"Hey George!" His twin called from behind the curtain. "Mum wants you!"
"Coming!" He replied, nodding curtly at you before leaving. Fred walked in.
"I was told to keep you company." You hummed a reply, zoning out for a while. You never actually knew why Fred never hated you like George did, and you'd never even thought to ask.
"Fred?"
"Hmm?"
"Why do you get on me so much?"
"You're nice to me, even with your family's social status."
"So I'm your bestest friend ever?."
"Nope."
"So, then why?"
"Why what?"
"Why help me when I fall, or ignore me when I'm even in the same room for five minutes!"
"It's not because of that!"
"Then why is it?"
"It's because you hurt George so he asked me to be your friend to figure out why you would."
"How on earth did I hurt George?"
"When you started dating that prat!"
"I still don't see why this would effect George."
"Wow, are you really that oblivious?"
"I'm confused..."
"He liked you L/N!"
"Excuse me?"
"He liked you! And you started dating that idiot!"
"Well why didn't he ever say anything?"
"Because you're two years younger than him, Y/N! He never thought you even noticed him!"
"I liked him for years! Years! Not even a couple weeks, years! And I had to watch as he bounced from girl to girl and that hurt me! I dated Draco because I wanted someone who would notice me! Who wouldn't laugh at me every time something goes wrong for me! Someone who was in my league..."
"I-"
"And you know what, Fred? I told him! I told him before I went on a date with Draco, and do you know what he said to me?"
"No."
"He said, 'well a lot of girls like me, Y/N.' That's what he said to me! So do not even try and twist the blame onto me! He had his chance and he blew it, and Draco took his chance and he didn't blow it!"
"L/N."
"Do you really think I just got over him? It took me a year! A year! A year to get over him, to fully love my boyfriend!"
"Y/N!"
"I don't want to hear it. I'm tired, get out."

__________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think she knew I could hear everything she was saying. She was right. I had my chance... and I did blow it. Malfoy treated her better than I did, and she deserved that.

"There you go, George. That's how she feels." Fred trudged past me and over to my parents, who were completely oblivious as to what was happening around them. I followed behind him, shocked. When I sat down, he leaned into my ear. "Did that really happen?"
"Yes, Fred, that really happened."
"No wonder she got with him."
"Shut up Fred."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Did I know he was listening? Of course, but it felt nice to speak the truth. It didn't really bother me that he was listening, I had three brothers- I was used to it. I scanned over the letter again and again,  trying to find anything that could help me figure out who gave me it. I jumped up out of bed, throwing on George's old jumper and some leggings- and into the lounge area where the whole family was sitting.

"You ass!" I whacked George over the head.
"It's nice to see you too, Y/N."
"Don't be sarcastic with me you prick."
"Sorry?" Ginny said, perplexed.
"Shht. You said you didn't know who it was from!"
"Huh?"