Family

"I want my daddy!" Hero whined. It had been 5 hours since they arrived with their mother. The boys were already terribly traumatized from complete strangers taking them from their grandmothers house. Although this was terribly wrong, Mira couldn't be fully prosecuted because nothing was settled in court saying that she didn't have rights to her children.
"Now why do you want your father? You guys haven't seen me in forever. You don't want to stay with mommy?" Mira asked.
"We miss our real mommy." Qirin pouted.
It was as if flames began to pour from Mira's head.
"What?" She asked in a stern tone.
"You're not our mommy!" Hero yelled.

The thought of her babies calling another woman 'mommy' enraged her. Let along the woman she envied and despised the most. She was gonna do everything in her power to get even. Mira didn't know how but she knew she had to do something. Her rage wasn't gonna allow her to not do anything. Little did she know, Terrence had all the resources he needed to find his sons. She didn't even plan up to this point.

Terrence had got in touch with the head of security over the county his mother lived in. The policemen were doing a terrible job with the investigation. Since it hadn't been 24 hours. They prioritized the case lowly. Terrence got the security team to track all of the traffic light cameras and luckily they spotted the gray minivan. There were no tented windows and Qirin's brown curly hair was surely visible.
"That's him!" Terrence pointed out.
They proceeded to track the vehicle throughout the street lights further down the neighborhood.

The van took the freeway and was out of sight until coming up to a traffic light closer to the hotel they were headed to.
They pulled into the hotel and Terrence's face twisted in confusion when the men stepped out of the vehicle with his sons.
"Who the fuck are these dudes mayne?"
The rest of what happened was blurred. They had still gotten all the information they needed.
"We're gonna send our policemen to this location and try our best get your kids back to you Mr. Howard."

"Alright. Thank you." Terrence said while exiting the station. He had already took note of the location. Terrence wasn't gonna wait on the police to do anything. He was gonna take matters into his own hands.
"Baby what they say?" Taraji asked from the passengers seat as Terrence reentered the car.
"The video showed a van taking them somewhere. They pulled up to a hotel somewhere and then three men stepped out. I don't know who the hell took my kids mayne but you wait til I find out." Terrence aggressively started the car.
"What did they say they were going to do about it?" Taraji asked concerned.

"They talkin bout they gon try they best to get my kids back to me.
Mayne FUCK that shit. I'm going to get them right now!" Terrence unknowingly yelled. The kind of man he was loved hard. He wasn't gonna let nothing happen to anyone he loved. Especially his kids. Terrence was so overprotective and it was beginning to show. Taraji placed her hand gently on his, looking up into his eyes. She saw a tear try to escape but he hurriedly wiped it before it had the chance to.

They began to enter the area of where the hotel was located and Taraji began to think of how familiar it looked. Then it dawned on her.
"Kelvin." She said aloud.
"What?" Terrence asked, confused.
"He had to have played a part in this. I knew this looked familiar." She said.
"Yep." They pulled into the hotel.
"This is the exact hotel he used to bring me to." She continued.
"I'm getting out with you." Taraji said when she saw Terrence unbuckling his seat belt.
"No baby. I'm gonna handle this. Just stay calm, you don't need to be stressing with the baby." He said before getting out of the vehicle.

"I'll be right back." Terrence entered the building. In no time he explained to the front desk clerks the situation of it being an ongoing investigation and he was granted the key and the knowledge of location of which room they were located. He instantly knew Mira had them. He had no doubt in his mind that this wasn't true.
As he approached the room, he could hear his children's cry as and Mira scolding them for whatever reason. He used the key and quietly entered the room. It was as if Mira had seen a ghost.
"You know you can't take them from me." Mira immediately attempted to grabbed them but she was too late. They had ran to their father's embrace almost as soon as he walked in.

"They're my kids too!" She yelled.
"I have nothing! You left me with nothing and now you're taking my babies!" She cried.
"Save the pity party for someone else. You should've thought about that shit before you did what you did. Stay. Away. From. Me. And. My family." He said in a chilling tone. He glared at her while ushering the boys out of the hotel room.
Mira fell to the ground in tears. She wasn't crying over he sons. Or even over Terrence. She was crying at the fact that she was left with nothing and nobody. After all, it was her fault.

Taraji smiled as she saw Terrence approaching the car with the boys.
"Awww my babies!" She turned her body to face the backseat and embraced them. She felt tears welling in her eyes. The love she had for those boys were outmatched.
"Mommy!" Qirin exclaimed. Hero took cue from him and said the same. That was the first time they'd called her by that causing a flutter in both her and Taraji's heart. Terrence grinned ear to ear. Their family was back united. Nothing could break this up.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Thanks for readingg 😚