Pity

The next morning
Taraji sat up in bet while on the phone with Jussie.
"I haven't heard from you in ages. Wassup with that?" Jussie told Taraji through the phone.
"Aww you know it's not like that! Ive been busy as hell! From ripping and running the boys to daycare, and press meetings. Ughh. But let me make it up to you!" She said.
"Ahh, Terrence been wearing yo ass out huh?" Jussie returned.
"Boy shut up!" She laughed.
"But I'll let you know next time I'm free." She suggested.
"Alright cool, just hit me up." He said.
"Kay I will. Bye."

Taraji got out of bed and put on her silk robe. She stopped by the game room and told the boys good morning before heading into the kitchen and following the aroma.
"Ohh so I get dinner and breakfast from you huh?" She said, referring to Terrence who was cooking breakfast. "Mm it smells good." She announced, walking behind him and hugging his torso tightly. "Mhm, I thought I couldn't cook?" He smirked.
"Well you can daddy." She giggled.
Miss Bernice trudged into the kitchen. "Goodmorning mama." Taraji smiled.
"Y'all needa have respect for others." Miss Bernice cut to the chase, with a disgusted look on her face. Terrence instantly knew what she was talking about and turned a faint shade of red. "What you talking about mama?" Taraji asked. "I'm talking about all that ruckus y'all were making last night." She returned.
"That don't make no sense all that noise last night. I'd hate to think if that was every night. I mean think about the boys!"

"Got them hearing all that noise when they're trying to sleep. Go in a room further from everyone else! Or soundproof y'all's room. Or be quieter for Christ's sake!"
They were silent. You could sense Taraji's embarrassment from a mile away.
Taraji and Terrence quickly glanced at each other before changing the subject.
"Uhm breakfast is ready if y'all are hungry." Terrence announced.
"I'm alright, thanks though Terrence. I actually have to make a run so I'll see you two later." Miss Bernice said as she headed toward the door.
"Bye mama."
"Bye."
"What about you baby you hungry?" Terrence asked.
"I feel queasy, I don't know why but that food-" Taraji rushed to the bathroom and hurled all in the toilet.

Terrence followed behind her, holding her hair back as she threw up.
"You alright baby?" He asked rubbing her back.
"It's probably that damn apple infested potato salad." She scoffed.
"You think so?" He questioned.
"Yeah I have a weak stomach when it comes to stuff like that. I'm fine though." Terrence aided her up off the floor. He furrowed his eyebrows at her.
"You sure? It was that bad?"
"No baby it was delicious." She laughed. "I guess it just something my body wasn't used to? And I threw it up? I don't know but it's not anything major so there's nothing to worry about."

                                  Taraji's P.O.V.
Shit. Don't tell me I let myself get pregnant. I know my body. When I was pregnant with Marcell, I knew I was pregnant the night he was conceived. I just felt different, similar to how I feel now. I'm just in denial. I mean, I'm 7 days late. I'm just gonna stick with the "it's the food" story until I get this confirmed. This is way to soon. I mean we haven't even been together for close to a year and I'm already pregnant? Yeah that's soon as hell. I mean maybe this is a blessing in disguise? I honestly have no clue. Who knows what people will think. What my mother will think! Oh lord that's a whole nother' story. Damn Taraji why you put yourself in this position. I should've told his ass to wrap it up.

Third person P.O.V.
"Baby you okay?" Terrence asked Taraji. He noticed she seemed to be in a daze while getting dressed for the day. "Yeah baby I'm fine." She gave a warm smile. "So when is Mary bringing Kball back?" He asked. "She kidnapped my lil fat fat." Taraji laughed. "She mentioned something about later on this week, but I miss my baby so I'll probably end up going to get him sooner than that."
"Ohh okay. So-" He stopped talking when he heard the doorbell being rang repeatedly.
"Who is that?" Terrence said aloud.
Taraji and Terrence made their way towards the vigorous sound of the doorbell which turned into loud bangs.
They opened the door only to reveal Mira. She didn't even look like the same person. Her hair was all over her head and it looked as if she hadn't bathed in days.
"Hey." She said warmly. The audacity right? She tried to end Terrence and there she goes, showing up at his girlfriends residence and she's gonna say hey? Hmm.

Taraji's looks said everything she was thinking without her having to open her mouth. While Terrence stood there with a look of pity. I mean she was the mother of his children. He felt bad for not being able to give her the love that she was craving. He just didn't love her the way she loved him, it was just never there. At the same time, she was part of the reason he'd almost lost his life so it wasn't under the best circumstances for her to be at the doorstep. "Do you need something?" Taraji said, crossing her arms and stepping in front of Terrence. He still had a clear view of Mira and continued to give her that look of pity. "I-I came to get my kids." She stuttered. The intimidation being very much present in her voice. "Well-"
"I got this baby," Terrence cut Taraji off.
"Miranda I don't think you should be here."
"Damn right I should be here! I'm here for my sons.
Qirin! Hero!" She tried to make her way in the house past Taraji and Terrence while calling out to her kids.
"You need to leave Miranda." Terrence raised his voice and stepped in front of her.

"Mommy!" Qirin quipped while running out of the gaming room. Hero was not too far behind him.
"My babies! Just let me take them and I'll be on my way." Her voice started to crack.
"I can't let you do that! You need to leave." Terrence stated.
"I'm not leaving until I get my sons!" She asserted.
"You're not even supposed to be here, I don't want to have to get the cops involved. Leave." Terrence told her once again.
"Really Terrence! You gonna do me like this! You left me with nothing. I have no money, no food, nowhere to lay my head, and you just gonna sit up there with this bitch?!" Fury in her built up in her causing her to lung at Taraji. At the moment she didn't know just how wrong she was to lung at Taraji Penda Henson. Mira got one slap in before Taraji laid her on her ass. "Bitch are you crazy?" Taraji said standing above her. "Don't take your shit out on me! You tried to kill him and you have the fucking audacity to show up to MY house?! You better be lucky all I did was lay you on yo' ass because of your children. LEAVE my house before I call the gotdamn cops."
Mira stood up and limped outside of the door before turning back around. "It- It w- it was Kelvin! He made me!" She broke down. "It was pinned on me but I swear, I- I didn't do it! I love you Terrence I would never!"

"Taraji you knew it! You knew he would try to! Because he wanted you back and you entertained him! Baby she's not worth your love I am! She's a liar!!"
"What?" Terrence said shocked. You could hear the hurt in his voice.
"You're lying." Taraji spat.
"I'm lying?! So explain y'all's conversations! Show Terrence your phone! Show him the messages if I'm lying!"
Terrence turned his attention to Taraji. "Our relationship is built on trust bitch. We trust each other there's no need for that. So if you're trying to cause some friction, it's not gon work. Now like I said before, LEAVE." Taraji returned.
"Bullshit! And plus he's looking like he wants to know something." Mira continued.
"Bitch leave!" Taraji slammed the door in her face.

"Is she telling the truth?" Terrence asked Taraji.
"Baby no! She's just-"
"Can I see the messages she's talking about?" He interrupted.
"Are you serious right now?" Tears built up in her eyes.
"You don't trust me." She scoffed.
"Well then what the hell is she talking about?!"
"I don't kno-"
"Let me see your phone." He said more sternly.
Taraji was in disbelief. She couldn't believe that was actually happening to her. Taraji knew she wasn't in the wrong. She knew she'd blocked Kelvin and hadn't had any conversation with him since their split. But what she didn't know is why Terrence didn't believe her.
"You know what?" She sniffled, trying to hold her tears back.
"Just get out." She demanded.
Terrence scoffed before walking towards the bedrooms to gather his and his sons things. "Why are we leaving daddy?" Qirin asked softly. Terrence didn't answer, knowing that if he said a word, his tears would proceed to flow. He ushered them out of the front door and carried their things out to his car. He left without saying a word to Taraji.

All of Taraji's emotions released with a loud scream. She slid to the floor in front the front door, loudly crying. What was she gonna do? "It was too soon." She thought to herself. And now she was pretty sure that she was pregnant, and her and Terrence had a lot of things to fix if it was going to work. Would it work? If he didn't trust her, how could it work? Was she gonna be left alone to raise her baby? Would they be able to fix it. She knew she loved him. She loved him with everything in her, and she knew he felt the same. Taraji cried, and prayed to God that he would fix their relationship the entire night.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Taraji and Terrence🥺Will they fix it?
Taraji might be preggo👀
Mira's ass messed everything up 😒

Thanks for 1k reads 😚