Chapter 7: Mount Saison

(Sorry this is late, I lost track of time and thanks for all the comments and votes y'all it means alot to me)

🔷

"C-Cassie! I... I can see!"

"What!" Cass and Rose said in unison. "I can see!" He exclaimed happily. "But how? We haven't gotten the cure yet," Rose replied confused. "I don't- I don't know, this is weird, I-I know it's dark right now but it's not for me," Varian responded as he looked around.

"Intresting," Rose said then felt his forehead. He was just as warm, if not warmer then he was before. She then looked at his eyes and noticed they had a coating again. Only this time the coating wasn't purple, it was a faint silver.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw something twinkling on the hillside. She glanced over at it then back at Varian.  The coating on his eyes was now twinkling like the hillside, and like the stars.

"Cass, are those the flowers?" She asked and pointed to the hillside. Both Cass and Varian looked to where she was pointing. "Yeah, that's what I saw last time," she responded and Varian gave them a confused look. "Where?" He asked as he stood up. Rose and Cass looked at each other then at him.

"You can't see them?" Rose responded. Varian looked back to where Rose had pointed. "I guess not," he said and shrugged. "Can you see this?" Rose asked and opened her hand to reveal the petal that was in the orange juice. He looked at her hand for a moment before he shook his head.

"But you can see everything else?" Rose continued, "The Cliffside? The forest? The fire? The horses?". "Us?" Cass added. He walked around a little then looked at Cass with a smile and nodded. She smiled back at him.

"This doesn't make any sense," Rose said, "why would he be blind for a day and a half then suddenly be able to see in the dark?".
"This has to be from the flower, right?" Cass replied. "Is this the first time you could see anything since the incident yesterday?" Rose asked after she thought for a moment.

He thought for a second before answering. "N-no, last night I woke up for a second and could make out the silhouette of the chair by my bed before I fell asleep again," he answered, "I didn't think anything of it". "You still have a fever and a coating on your eyes so I don't think the poison just stopped working," Rose told him, "What if you can only see at night kinda like how the flowers only appear at night?".

"Then what would happen to him when the flowers disappear tomorrow night? What if he..." Cass asked, worried. "Hey, don't worry Cassie, I'll be okay, right?" Varian said then they both looked at Rose. "Well, we have the flower now, I can't promise that it'll work but I can promise you that I'll do everything in my power and try my best to figure out which part is the cure," Rose replied, "and if the flower's not the cure, I promise I'll find out what is, I haven't lost a patient yet and I don't plan on starting now."

They both smiled after she said that. She smiled back then went over to the patch of flowers. "Did the scroll say anything about it, anything about how long we have?" She asked as she picked a handful of the flowers. "It said something about five days, we assumed it meant we only have five days before he..." Cass answered. She sighed sadly then Varian put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a reasuring smile.

"Okay, we can figure this out, we have three more day if it means from the day he was effected, that's plenty of time," Rose said to herself as she took three small, empty vials out of her bag. She began to take the flowers apart then she put the seeds in one vial and the stems in another and put a cork on both of them. She then got up, took a small shovel out of her bag, and went back to the patch of flowers to get the root. Once she got it she put it in the third vial and put a cork on it. She put the three vials in her bag then heard Varian start groaning again.