Chapter 2

I contemplated how I wanted to show him it was me, the girl he use to bully, but my scheming was interrupted by my very own culprit.

"You don't wanna say? How cute. I didn't catch your name at the ceremony, so even though you won't tell me how you know my name, could you tell me yours?" He cooed, daunting me.

His voice was always so arrogant sounding, but lord was it sexy. Even in grade school, he carried that nonchalant vibe to him, so I was never surprised to see a girl's arm wrapped around his when I walked down the hallways.

Ignoring his question and my thoughts about how hot his voice was, I replied in my bitchiest sounding tone possible.

"Aww, it almost hurts my poor wittle heart that you don't know who I am? How COULD you forget the face of someone you use to tease and bully almost everyday?"

Jean stopped moving closer, his face in obvious confusion.

"What are you talking about? I've never seen you before." The brown-eyed cadet exclaimed.

Ooooooo, yep he pushed my last button.

"Ok, you know what Asshat? Sure, i may look different but it doesn't take a genius to remember who I am. Remember what you use to call me? Does fatty L/N ring any bells for you? Hmm?" I say rudely.

I swear watching this mans face go from confusion to realization made my night.

"Ohhhhh! Fatty L/N! Ahem, I-I mean F/N L/N, of course I remember you! Ummm, wow!" He chuckled before continuing.

"You look great. Better. Happy. Listen, I really want to apologize for the way I acted all those years ago. I promise I am not the same person I was, I've changed." He said which actually sounded sincere when he looked straight at my eyes, making me blush.

But I wasn't going to forget about it.

"Well, guess what? I've changed too. I'm not the same push over I was 5 years ago and I'm not gonna ignore what happened. So, listen to me when I say this: I'm not your friend here. You are not going to be MY friend. We will just be two cadets in training. No more, no less." I say to him, surprised that I didn't stutter.

Jean's face appeared stunned until he scoffed.

"Well, I tried being the bigger person but clearly, that won't work with you. Maybe you're right, we can't be friends." Jean arrogantly said. The brown haired cadet mumbled a good night then disappeared into the shadows of the night, leaving me alone once again.

———————————

Author's note: Sry this is shorter but idk just me and cliffhangers🏃‍♀️