Chapter 6

This is a time skip to when the cadets graduate and it is kinda long. This is mainly to keep the flow of the story and to set up the Trost battle:)

—————-

It's sunset when it begins. I look up to the banner on the wall that read "104TH TRAINING CORPS GRADUATION CEREMONY".

It's almost scary how much time flew by. It felt like almost yesterday I had just joined the corps, not knowing how ODM gear worked or which hand to salute with. I've really grown up, haven't I? As we're in our rows, listening to the Commander talk about how much we improved, I glance at all my friends around me. I look at Mikasa, whom along with Sasha, made the training corps so much fun with our past curfew talks, dinner games, and morning jogs around the barracks. I look over at Armin, one of the people in the corps I respect the most. Lieutenant Ernst recognized how good my strategy skills were, so I was usually paired with him, an intellectual genius. I had gotten really close to him.

I locked eye contact with Connie who gave me a smile. He was probably the funniest person I've met and paired with Sasha, they could make me laugh for days on end. I smiled as I admired all of the amazing qualities my friends had. I continued to smile until my eyes met his.

Jean.

He was looking back at me, the candle lit ceremony highlighting his jaw and his tanned skin. Except his eyes when they looked at me did not carry the same glow that they had before. They gazed at me with somber, as if every time Jean looked at me, I took away the joy in him.

I can't blame him. Since that one day when we argued, it has been like this. I wanted to acknowledge him as a cadet that happen to be in my corps, but Jean took it a step further by acting like I don't exist. If we were ever in a group together, we would just do the drill, no interaction whatsoever, which frustrated the hell out of me.

I shook my head. If he doesn't want to recognize me, so be it.

I look back up at the Commander who is wrapping up his speech...in his usual loud ass tone.

"I HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND THE THREE OPTIONS YOU HAVE AFTER THE TRAINING CORPS: THE MILITARY POLICE, WHO SERVE OUR GLORIOUS KING AND MOST INNER WALL, THE GARRISON REGIMENT WHO REINFORCE THE WALLS, AND THE SURVEY CORPS, WHO LEAVE OUR WALLS TO EXPLORE HUMAN EXPANSION AND WHO ARE OUR HOPE FOR HUMAN KIND! THAT BEING SAID, ONLY THE TOP TEN CADETS CAN CHOOSE TO TRANSFER INTO THE MILITARY POLICE! NOW TO LIEUTENANT ERNST!"

Commander Shadis proceeds to step back, as if he were some noisy robot as Lieutenant Ernst strides over to the podium to give the additional speech we had all been waiting for: The Final Rankings.

"As Commander Shadis mentioned, only the top ten cadets have the choice to join the Military Police. It is an option that many strive to obtain, having the safety of Wall Sheena while protecting their citizens. It is the MOST prestigious military sector. Furthermore, Here are the Top Ten Cadets of the 104th Training Corps:"

"Number One, Mikasa Ackermann!"

"Number Two, Reiner Braun!"

"Number Three, Annie Leonhart!"

"Number Four, Y/N L/N!"

Oh my walls. I'm Number four!!

"Number Five, Eren Jaeger!"

"Number Six, Jean Kirschtein!"

Hmm...

"Number Seven, Bertoldt Hoover!"

"Number Eight, Marco Bodt!"

"Number Nine, Connie Springer!"

"And finally Number Ten, Sasha Braus!"