Chapter 7

"Y/N? Where were you, where are the others?" He puzzles at me.

He's talking to me now? Oh whatever, I need his help anyway.

"I don't know, I was at the Northern wall when it appeared. I was evacuating civilians while trying to go South and found you. What happened?"

Jean sneered at the thought that occurred in his mind.

"That Goddamn Colossus is what happened. It came out of nowhere and that idiot Eren decided to attack it. We ended up leaving in groups till I ran out of gas and fell on this house."

"Shit. Hold on."

I removed what was left of my cylinder and gave half to Jean while he stared at me, his hazel eyes full of confusion.

"You don't have to do that, Y/N, not after the way I've treated you."

I sighed as I grabbed his hand and give it a light squeeze. "True, but that's in the past now, isn't it? Plus, you had every right to be upset, I was just too hardheaded, I'm sorry." Jean looked my hand on his before for looking at me and giving me a smile. It was one of those smiles that could a million butterflies in my stomach. I hadn't seen it in a while.

I'm glad I could see it now though.

Our little moment could not last long as we realized what we had to do: find our friends. The retreat bell rang loud for us to hear but we needed to make sure. Jean and I started moving forward up in the sky, looking down at the roofs to see if anyone was out of gas. I didn't have much left anyways, finding and taking civilians to safety took up the majority of my fuel and with me giving some to Jean, I didn't have enough to give.

We continued, propelling our wires through the streets until Jean yelled my name and motioned me to look to my left. There on a dusty rose tiled roof  were a few of our friends. From the distance, I could make out that Connie, Mikasa, and Armin were there, which was enough for me to not panic anymore.

Our landing on the broken tiles cause everyone to look up in surprise, with Marco being the happiest.

"Jean! Thank the walls that you're safe! I thought we lost you. And Y/N too! We didn't know where you where." The freckle faced boy beamed to which Jean and I chuckled.

Even though all chaos, there are those who smile.

Out of nowhere, I felt a hurdle of craziness jump on my back.

"Y/N! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!" Sasha wailed as I tried to catch my balance. "I'm fine, Sasha. Really. I was at the Northern wall." I reassured. I set her down and peered at the cadets, wanting to make sure my friends were all in attendance. Then my eyes landed on Armin who looked traumatized, his blue eyes appearing dilated from shock as he sat on the roof with his knees to his chest, rambling with fear as Mikasa kneeled beside him.

He told us everything. How a Titan caught him. How Eren went to save him. How Eren sacrificed himself and was eaten. Denial was heavy in my mind.

How could Eren die? The cadet out of all of us with the most determination and drive to slay the Titans. Ugh, this sucks. I gawked my head at someone else, someone who I know was experiencing way worse.

Mikasa...

I looked at Mikasa who remained kneeled next to Armin, her head lowered with her raven bangs covering the overwhelm she was feeling. I hated that she was going through this, along with the fact that I couldn't do anything to take away this kind of pain.

But Mikasa wasn't one to dwell on emotion, getting up and to everyone's surprise, taking action. "There's nothing that can change what happened. It's in the past," She gathers everyone's attention. "What we need to figure out now is how to get to the supply rooms with little gas."