Chapter 4

3 whole months have gone by since I joined the Training corps and I've never improved THIS much in well, anything really.

Following the ODM gear evaluation, me and Jean have turned this bickering and taunting game of ours into a whole ass competition in training. My rank has gone up very high from what I've heard but unfortunately, Jeany boy is quite skilled too, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY. One week, I'll be above him in rank in the next, he is.

I just want to prove to myself (and to THAT jackass) that I'm not who I was before. I'm not gonna back down. That's why I was so pumped when I found out in training today, it was hand to hand combat.

I had been secretly practicing after supper behind the horse stables, with Mikasa and Sasha.(well if you count eating our leftovers while being our hypegirl "practicing", then go ahead and give my girl Sasha an A plus~) Anyway, the ACTUAL practice that I do with Mikasa is improving me like crazy, like queen has stamina for days.(And not forgetting to mention, A SIX PACK! Like I made her promise me that if everyone is eaten by Titans and it's only the two of us left, I'm putting a ring on that finger of hers cause DAMN MIKASA=WIFEY)

Having this little spiel of mine caused me to forget about my surroundings because someone put their arms around my waist. Figuring out who it was, I scoffed as I tried to remove them.

"Ugh, what do you want Jean? It's too early in the morning to deal with your bs."

Jean smirks as he puts his chin on my shoulder, pretending to be offended.

"Aww, Good morning to you too~, but is that any way to talk to the person who's gonna whoop your ass in combat training today?" He said, patronizing me.

"Really? Have you seen the rankings? I rank higher for a reason." I proclaim.

"Not for long, L/N~" He squeezed my waist then released me, walking to the girls who were waiting to flirt with him, yet not taking his eyes off me with a devilish smirk that got under my skin.

Asshat. I'll show him.

"Cadet L/N, you're doing combat with blondie over there." Lieutenant Ernst said from behind me while pointing to the petite cadet he was referring to.

"Yes, sir." As I quickly ran over to my combat partner, I recognized who they were immediately because a certain person named Ymir wouldn't stop talking about how adorable she was.

I tapped on their shoulder.

"Hi! Christa Lenz, right? I'm Cadet L/N."

She turned around. Or apparently he turned around.

"Don't worry about it, people do that a lot. Hi, my name is Armin Arlert."

Shit. I royally messed up.

"OHMYWALLSIMSOSORRYPLEASEFORGIVEMEIAMONEDUMBBICH-" He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"Haha, it's fine. Seriously. And besides you're Y/N, aren't you? Mikasa tells me all about you. It's nice to put a name to a face." He chucked.

Omg, this man is too precious, I would totally take him home if I had one.

"Haha yeah, I'm Y/N. Actually, Mikasa has told me stories about you and Eren and all the fun you guys had."

"Yeah, we've all been friends since we were kids. They really helped me find my confidence which is why I'm grateful for them." I smiled at his little appreciation moment until he noticed me and his face became more red.

"Let's start training, shall we?"

—————————————

Listen, I LOVE my new friend Armin, Ok? But this was combat training we are talking about. Of course I pummeled blondie into the ground, Arlert didn't stand a chance against my skills thanks to my secret trainings with the wifey~