Chapter Eight

Christmas was tomorrow and Sophie was out in Atlantis shopping for Christmas gifts. She had been so busy with a case the Council put her on that she didn't have a chance to buy anything yet and if she didn't find everything today someone might miss out. 

She was planning on revealing her pregnancy at the party and so far only Keefe and Elwin knew. Elwin had come in to do a few checks on the baby and confirmed that it was healthy and progressing at a normal rate. Despite this Sophie also secretly light leaped to the Forbidden Cities to have a few tests done there. Everything had come back normal and she had started to have a more positive outlook on the baby she was carrying. She knew that both Edaline and Grady would be very happy and she was actually looking forward to telling everyone.

She was picking up a custom, silver necklace that said Happy Shadow Thoughts for Linh when Keefe hailed her. 

"Hey Babe"

"Hey Soph, have you nearly picked up all the gifts. I'm home early today and i wanted to spend time with my favorite girl"

Sophie blushed and rolled her eyes playfully.

"I just have to get something for Biana and I'll be home as soon as i can"

"Ok see you soon" Keefe replied and disconnected.

It had taken a little over thirty minutes to find Biana a gift and by the time Sophie had payed for and lugged everything back home she was exhausted. When she opened the door and placed everything on the kitchen table Keefe was nowhere to be seen.

"Keefe. Where are you?"

"Ummmmm, I'm up here" he called from one of the upstairs spare bedrooms. 

Sophie ascended the staircase and met Keefe, looking a little disheveled at the landing. 

"Hey babe, what are you doing up here?" she asked after giving him a kiss. 

"I wanted to show you something"

He grabbed her hand and led her over to the doorway next to their room. When he opened the door Sophie gasped and starting crying. 

The room had been transformed into a beautiful nursery. The walls were painted a soft yellow and there was a white cot and dresser as well as a big comfortable looking chair in one corner. There was also a door that Sophie suspected led to her and Keefe's room.

 There was also a door that Sophie suspected led to her and Keefe's room

Something like this ^^^^^^^^^

"Do you like it?" Keefe asked hesitantly, taking in her sobbing state.

"It's so......b-be-beautiful" she blubbered. "We're gonna........have a ti-tiny little b-ba-baby"

Once she had calmed down enough and stopped crying Keefe led her back downstairs to the dining room where a delicious array of foods were set on the table.  

"When did you find the time to finish all this Keefe?" Sophie asked.

"You know how amazing I am Sophie. It was no sweat"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, thanks for reading and also a shoutout to the_bookgoddess for their amazing cover design. Please Dm me your cover to be included.

Some exciting news!!!!!!! KOTLC is being made into a movie. I couldn't figure out how to put links in the story so they will be on my profile. It will be a live action movie so here's to hoping the actor meets the Keefe standard. Super excited for this and can't wait!!!!!!

Also what do you guys think about baby names and gender???????

xoxo Mollie