Chapter One

Sophie was tired. And nauseous. And really, really, hungry.

She knew she sounded like she was complaining but no one ever told you how painful pregnancy was all they told you about was the "happy glow" and "joy of motherhood". And Sophie was officially calling bullshit.

She hadn't eaten a meal and kept it down in two weeks and everything she did manage to force down almost always came back up again. And she was still baffled on why they called it morning sickness, when it came at all times of the day.

Keefe had been a good help. And she knew that she had been sometimes unnecessarily harsh when he was trying to help her but he didn't have to suffer through pregnancy so he could put up with it.

Shifting her position on the couch Sophie clicked through the channels on the television Dex had gifted her for her birthday a few years back. Somehow he had managed to build it, connect it to the human television frequencies and make it bigger and clearer then any human television Sophie had ever seen. She was forever grateful to him, she had missed a lot of Friends over the years and thought this might be the time to make up for it.

Of course most of Sophie's friends didn't understand the whole TV thing but still watched the occasional episode with her and marveled at all the human quirks and oddities that Sophie didn't even notice.

Yawning and taking another sip of a pre-natal concoction mixture the gnomes had made that was supposed to battle nausea Sophie checked the clock on the opposite wall to the TV.

Keefe wouldn't be home for another hour so Sophie thought she would attempt to get a start on dinner. She didn't usually eat much and Keefe was the more frequent chef but she was bored of idling away and resolved to do something.

"Soph, I'm home"

Keefe closed the door behind him and hung his cloak on a hook next to the ornate, oak doors.

"Sophie?"

Rushing into the living room he checked the couch, the remote was lying on the couch, no Sophie in sight.

"Sophie, where are you?"

"Sophie!"

Hearing the toilet flush he let out a sigh. When she waddled out of the bathroom he smiled in relief and nearly tackled her in a hug.

"What?" she asked innocently.

"I nearly had a heart attack when you didn't answer. I thought something had happened to you, sweetheart"

He kissed the top of her head and wrapped his arms around you.

"Jeez, what is with the worrying, I'm fine"

Her voice was muffled from being smushed into his chest. He nearly laughed but held in.

"I just love you, ok. More than anything. And i love our little munchkin that your carrying"

He placed his hand's on her stomach with featherlight fingers.

"I love you too. But you don't have to worry about me- us, okay. Remember I survived the Neverseen"

"I know and that's exactly my point, I love you too much to lose you again"

He kissed her again, on the mouth this time.

She pulled away quickly though.

"I have dinner in the oven and i don't wasn't to lose the rest of my dignity after last times burnt disaster" she said.

He did laugh this time and she playfully swatted his arm.

When they were walking, her waddling into the kitchen Sophie let out a small gasp and stopped in her tracks.

"Are you ok?" Keefe frantically asked. "Do i need to get the bags? Has your water broken? Oh, God is it coming?"

His voice went up slightly an octave at the last sentence.

She placed a finger over his lips and smiled at him.

"No the little guy is just kicking. Besides it's too early for it come yet"

She smiled again at the look of relief on his face. 

"Do you want to feel?" she asked tentatively trying to gage his expression.

"Umm yes" Keefe replied his voice cracking.

She reached out and guided his hand gently to her stomach.

"Ohhhh" He said breathlessly smiling at Sophie.

"That's our little guy" Sophie breathed caressing her swollen abdomen.

"Yeah, it is" Keefe replied still breathless and a little teary.

Sophie smelt the telltale odor of burnt food and cursed.

"Gnomes?" Keefe asked.

"Gnomes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay, first chapter. Thanks for reading along so far and i hope you have enjoyed this mostly fluffy dialogue!!!!!

Btw, when Keefe or Sophie say guy in reference to the baby it doesn't mean it is a boy. At the moment the gender is undecided but you will find out soon, i promise.

But in the meantime, what do you guys think, Boy or Girl?

xoxo Mollie