New faces | 01

"..."

No chatter, no yelling, and certainly no laughter. Only dead silence. No one dared to lighten the mood, not even the brightest and cheeriest of them all. In this kind of situation, you would expect a green-haired boy hopping in to take control, trying his best to make them smile.

If only he was there to do that.

The door slid open, Aizawa would quickly tell them to return to their seats and be quiet. But it seems like today was an exception, and he knew exactly why. They all did.

"I'm sure you're all aware of Midoirya's...death. I know it has taken a toll on all of you, including myself as well." The pro hero said grimly. The whole class was silent, a few blinking their tears in. The atmosphere was depressing, the giddy class of 1A was now nowhere to be seen.

He sighed. "I won't tell you to get over it or anything of that matter, but please do remember how Midoriya would think if he sees you all acting like this." He looked at each of them staring at the desk with their head down low, some with sorrow and some with guilt.

"Moving on, we have a new student today," he stated, earning the class's attention.

"A new student?"

"Already-?"

"I hope it's a girl-"

He cleared his throat, silencing the murmurs. "Please come in and introduce yourself," Aizawa said.

Stepping inside the classroom, he steadily made his way beside the pro hero, wearing a nonchalant expression. "I'm Ahane Tsukiro." A simple introduction was enough for him, no need to complicate everything. Walking to his seat, he sat down as the class continued.

"That was short."

"His hair and eyes are all white...I wonder what his quirk is."

Bypassing the mumbles regarding his introduction and appearance, he stared at the desk that once belonged to a certain student, and now his seat.

So this person died...

He thought to himself, observing his 'classmates'. Their auras were not welcoming at all, it was rather hostile, especially the student in front of him. Taking the first spot in the Sports Festival, he was known for his explosive nature, both quirk and personality.

Maybe they were close

He gave himself a reason for the student to dislike him. After all, he was there to essentially replace him, it must seem rude to introduce a new student so soon. It was almost like the school wanted to cover up his death.

Class went by fairly fast, with some students sneaking a few glances at him. He noticed all of that of course, but there was nothing he could do, he wasn't really bothered anyway.

And in a flash, it was lunchtime. The students were now chatting with each other and the classroom was a bit livelier. But it was merely just for show, there was no way they would get over his death that fast.

"Ahane-kun, was it?"

He nodded, turning around to see a student voluntarily talking to him which slightly surprised him. Perhaps not all the students wanted him gone.

"I'm Yaoyorozu Momo, nice to meet you." She bowed politely. The way she talked led him to believe that she was from a wealthy household.

The boy bobbed his head, "You too." he gave a short reply.

"O-oh..is that so..?" The girl appeared to be a bit troubled by his direct answer. He sighed,

Why start this conversation if you don't even know how to continue it?