Confrontation | 06

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Kiro-chan-! Is that your quirk? It looks....so cool."

"Really...?" A small boy looked at his quirk with a blank stare. "You really think so?"

"Of course! I'm sure you'll achieve great things in the future with your quirk."

The boy smiled in delight, does this mean his dream of becoming a hero would come to fruition one day? Every child had an absurd dream, though his was a classic one, not that he minded.

"Hey hey, lemme ask you something, Kiro-chan. You wanna be a hero and save people, right?"

He nodded firmly, a look of determination shining in his eyes. "Yep-! I wanna be a great hero and save thiiiis many people!" his hand stretched out, motioning the huge amount people he was going to rescue.

"Is that so? Then I have a really awesome idea to make you stronger and so much more powerful."

He perked up, "Really?! Can you really do that...?" he lowered his voice, holding back the excitement trying to break free from within.

"But of course! I can't wait to see your reaction to the final results-!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Today we'll be creating and testing out our ultimate moves as usual. Good luck everyone."

Ahane placed himself in a corner, observing everyone's quirk in silence. They were all strong, as expected of Class A, with some catching most of his attention. 

"You look like you're slacking off compare to the others," Midoriya spoke up, looking at his friends training hard while Ahane was just relaxing. Well, Ahane did already perfect his ultimate moves yesterday, but it still seemed wrong to be lounging about like this.

The boy ignored his comment, eyes fixated on a certain someone. Midoriya noticed his riveted gaze, "You should be more careful around Kacchan now, not that I'm nervous or anything...b-but after that incident..." 

"We'll see how it goes." 

Ahane interjected, walking to another side of the training grounds to get a better look at the other classmates. Midoriya hovered beside him, already used to his feet not touching the ground, but soon yelped as he peaked beside him.

"A-ahane-kun...!"

A swift jump as he backed away, staring at the dented floor that would be his head if he wasn't quick enough. His eyes found their way to the source of the blood lust, Bakugou Katsuki. 

The others gasped at the sudden attack but were hesitating to interfere as the murderous intent approached Ahane.

"Not bad, guess you got picked for a reason huh?" he mocked, but gained no reaction from the boy. 

Bakugou clicked his tongue, "Fight me, right here, right now." He pointed at him, narrowing his eyes. "Or are you just too much of a pussy? I SAID COME AT ME, ASSHOLE!" He charged towards him, palm facing Ahane with a fuse sparking up. The boy dodged it effortlessly. 

The others watched the fight nervously. "Are you not going to stop them, sensei?" Uraraka exclaimed, eyes pleading for the teacher to stop the ruckus they were causing.

"Ahane-kun mastered his ultimate move in just mere days, I'm intrigued to how he would go against Bakugou-kun," Cementoss commented.

"An interesting fight indeed." Midnight added.

The others sweatdropped, UA's teachers were really one of a kind.

Explosions going off left and right, and yet no signs of exhaustion were evident on Ahane's face. That expressionless face of his was seriously ticking Bakugou off.

"Stop dodging you motherfucker!" He sent another explosion towards him. Creating a shield, he blocked it with ease.

"Hah, is that sorry excuse of an orb your quirk? I'll fucking blow it up to pieces!" he jeered, Ahane as always stared at him with a blank expression.

A light orb circled him, reaching out his hand, the orb came at Bakugou with speed. The boy smirked, explosions were aimed towards the orb without hesitation. Smoke surrounded the boy, he scanned around him, keeping his eyes peeled.

He was prepared for the incoming attack, well, he thought he was. The pain in his stomach said otherwise, what hit him wasn't a punch, he was sure of it. Explosions were going wild, he couldn't see anything in the smoke and the mysterious thing attacking him was fast. His quick reflex managed to dodge a few, but not all.

Whatever struck him was like a fish in the sea, it was clear that Bakugou was playing right into his plans. He sprinted to get away from the smoke, but the attacker had different plans.

The smoke cleared and it was obvious who had the upper hand, the boy panted, his laser-like glare could almost pierce Ahane.

He approached Bakugou, "Are you still worked up about that conversation?" A glowing cylinder-like object floated towards him as it morphed back into an orb, the culprit of delivering those punches.

No reply.

"Or rather, why are you still worked up about it?" he added.

Silence.

"What do you think the world would think if what he said to you got out?" that seemed that trigger a reaction from him, though he wasn't sure it was the reaction he anticipated.

Midoriya listened in beside them, snapping his head at Ahane as he finished. Did Ahane-kun already figure out what he told Kacchan? Even the partner himself was uncertain about what his plans were.

"You...!" Bakugou was so close to throwing himself at Ahane, while Midoriya jolted at his reaction. Ahane seemed to be in deep thought, not fazed by his outraged attitude.

Instead of being scared or trying to escape, he merely went past Bakugou. He didn't utter a word as Ahane muttered something to him, a sentence that soon ended when Midoriya drew closer to them.

The boy fidgeted around him, glancing behind him as Bakugou was seen staring into the air while the others went to check up on him.

"What did you say to him, Ahane-kun?" was what he wanted to ask him, but he had an inkling that Ahane would just gloss over his question.

"This is the first time I ever saw your quirk Ahane-kun." the ghost boy stated, eyes gazing at the orb as it vanished in front of him. Was seeing ghosts not his quirk after all? Or did he possess two quirks? A chain reaction was triggered as questions wouldn't stop flowing into his head.

His hands in the pockets that should honestly be in every pair of pants or shorts, his footsteps led towards the changing room. 

Ahane slid the door open, "It's nothing special." he replied. Taking off his gym clothes as he opened the locker.

Midoriya stared at him for a while before a slight pout formed on his lips, "That's exactly what a person who has a special quirk would say." he huffed.

Changing into his uniform, the boy heaved a sigh. "My quirk is the last thing that should be on your mind right now." he added, "Uraraka Ochako, you mentioned she's a close friend of yours, right?" 

"Mhm, but you don't think she would...be one...right?"

"We don't know for sure, everyone in your class is a suspect, whether you like it or not."

His tenacious tone left the counters Midoriya had on his mind disappeared within seconds, he could only sigh with his head down facing the ground. With Ahane's remark still lingering in his brain, it was washed away by the sudden thought that popped up in his head. 

Why did he ask about Uraraka-san?

His eyes that were focused on his floating feet inches above the floor moved upwards, "Is Kacchan...!?" his eyes widened at the realization, but Ahane once again had already left the room, leaving the boy levitating awkwardly alone.

"Just...how does he always leave without me noticing-?"