A Visit | 02

"S-so...you can see ghosts?" The boy asked with his familiar stutter.

"In a way." 

He shuffled around the air, hands clutching onto his ghostly clothes. "Um, is that your quirk?" he asked another question.

"Dunno, never told anyone about it." He replied.

"Really-? Then what's your quirk?" the topic seemed to pique his interest. He wanted to get to know the stranger, since he was quite literally the only person he could interact with from now on.

He sighed. "It's nothing special," he stated, not giving the boy a satisfying answer.

Eyes darting around, Midoriya panicked internally. These were the type of people he felt like was the hardest to communicate with. "What class are y-you?" he tried again, maybe things will get better.

"Class 1A, I was the student who replaced you." 

He flinched, "Re-replace?" shocked at the way he worded the sentence.

"Is that wrong? I'm just stating the truth." He scanned the ghost in one go, observing the boy. "But you are quite the unique spirit, Midoriya-kun," he interjected.

The statement made the boy curious, "Unique? Me?" Does he look any different from the other ghosts? 

"You can speak."

"The others can't speak?"

He hummed, "Not necessary, but even a translator may not understand their language. It's all jumbled and incoherent words." he explained. "They usually prefer not to speak and use sign language instead." 

Midoriya was getting more and more intrigued by the world of the undead, he was a special case? Was there perhaps a specific reason for that? Thousands of questions were starting to appear in the boy's head.

"Sign language-? Are all the ghost friendly? Am I the only one that can speak? How many of us are in the world?" he piped up with great enthusiasm, the shy demeanour from before seemed to disappear just like that.

"I don't have the time or the energy to answer all of that, class is starting. Feel free to visit your depressed classmates." Ahane stood up after taking a glance at his phone.

Midoriya jolted — his classmates, his friends. They had slipped off his mind for a brief moment with the appearance of Ahane. "Kachan..." he muttered. 

"Um, Ahane-" he snapped out of his trance. "kun..." but the boy was already nowhere to be seen. He exhaled a shaky breath, hands on his chest. There was no heartbeat but he knew he was nervous even without it.

It was the time he paid his friends a small visit.

_________________

Ahane entered the classroom as the bell rang, he could immediately feel the attention and eyes on him as soon as he stepped into the room. The chatter swiftly diminished as they turned into whispers.

Fortunately, the whispers didn't impact the boy. He walked to his seat without making any eye contact, he could feel the intense glare coming from the student in front of him, Bakugou Katsuki. He clicked his tongue as Ahane passed by him, not scared to show him his resentment towards the boy.

He must really dislike him.

Doing his own thing, it wasn't long until the teacher arrived; the whispers disappeared as class started. His pencil jotting down notes, it was like your average class. Maybe not so average now that there's a ghost haunting the class.

'Haunting' wasn't quite the suitable word, maybe 'shyly floating about' would fit the picture more.

Head peeked through the massive doors of class 1A, no one noticed him, obviously. He gathered the courage to make his whole body pass through the door. It felt weird that no one was looking at him even though he was in front of them.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
"Deku-kun."
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

He imagined them greeting him with a big smile, but now he couldn't see one single smile evident on their faces. It was just lingering with sadness.

Hesitance.

He was afraid to take another step into the classroom, why? Was he so guilty to face them even though they couldn't even see him? It felt like it was dragging him down the ground when he was just floating in the air perfectly fine.

The boy eventually made his way around the class, looking like a teacher surveying around during an exam. He stopped in front of him, he wasn't paying attention to class at all. Midoriya couldn't look him straight in the eyes as the conversation between them played in his head.

The last conversation they ever had.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"You dumbass- why...why did you do that?!" The blurry image of him flashed in his mind.

"K...Ka..chan.."

"S-shut up, don't talk right now. You need-

"W-why...w..hy...t-t..ell...me..w̴̧͔͈̖͚̙̜͎̔̌̽͠h̸̲͙͈͇͍͔̞̖̖̝̹̟̤͑̊̓̈́̅́̇̏̓̎̔̓͝͠͝y̸̤̻͉͍̼̌͛̅̃̅ͅ

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Ack-" he winced, the conversation was cut off. He tried to recall the incident once again. It was the last conversation he has before he left. He should be able to remember it.

So why can't he?

The rest was all so blurry, it hurts to remember. Was there a reason for his brain not wanting to remember it? His head turned to Ahane, he must have looked weird roaming around the place like that.

"..."

He was surprisingly well at pretending not to see him, focusing on what the teacher was saying. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Excuse me, sensei."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya jumped a little at the sudden hand raising from Yaoyorozo, he hid behind a table as he peeked at her. Soon realizing that ah, he was a ghost, so she couldn't have seen him. There was no way.

Feeling a bit flustered as there was no point in hiding, he once again landed his gaze on Ahane. His emerald eyes looking at his sliver ones, his expressions were empty as always, he didn't even flash him a glance.

He gulped, he really had to run into someone with such a...unique personality. It was a bit troublesome, but Midoriya didn't want to give up yet.

...

Maybe just a little.

The boy hovered towards him, "Uh, Ahane-kun..." he went beside him. "I'm sorry for um bothering you again but..." hesitating his question. "How do I say this...?"

Ahane started to write in his notebook while Midoriya tried to manoeuvre around his sentence. The boy stopped once he saw the few words he had written on the paper.

Save it for later

Midoriya sheepishly nodded after looking at the note. The writing was loud and clear, don't bother him right now.

He really does not want anything to do with me, huh?

The tik tak sound of pens distracted him, Midoriya quietly thought to himself about the incident as he stared at Bakugou. 

I can't remember the rest...I should do some investigation

He concluded, didn't want to waste his time. Since he had no idea how long he would be as a ghost, time wasn't waiting for him and neither was he. He felt like there was something important he needed to know about that incident.

The incident that cost his life.

Maybe this was the price of being a ghost, getting part of your precious memories erased. But that alone would never stop Midoriya, he was determined to find out what on earth was missing. That was no doubt already set in stone.

Now he just needed something to trigger his memory, "A place..." he muttered. His quest to regain his memories requires a place, and he knew exactly where it is.

Their hideout.

The league of villains.