Lesson | 16

Ahane as a teacher — was an oxymoron that should never exist. But here he was to defy that, both his legs glued to the ground as Uraraka entered the building located at UA's P.E Grounds. The crack of dawn welcomed him in the form of warm rays of sunlight shining through glass plane windows, it was in Ahane's favour since he was more than happy to get this whole thing over with, the sooner the better.

"Wassup, Ahane! We seemed to cross paths pretty often, huh?"

"...why is he here?"

Uraraka tittered, "I may or may not have told Kirishima-kun where I was heading..." She peeked at the redhead, "But it won't hurt to teach him too, right?" 

"Exactly! You won't regret having me here." Kirishima clashed his fists together, the loud clank covered Ahane's sigh. He supposed having another student would be fine, Kirishima's quirk specialised in close combat — he wouldn't have any trouble catching up to what Ahane was about to demonstrate.

MIdoriya chuckled at Kirishima's rowdy entrance, this building might be a tad bit more packed than he expected. 

"I'll start with the basics," in front of Ahane was a practice dummy, both his hands readied in a fighting stance. "In normal combat, you usually punch your opponent with your fists to deliver a heavier impact." He stated, giving an example as the dummy swayed backwards. "But when dealing with armed enemies that have quirks similar to Kirishima, the only thing you'll be hurting is your fingers."

"In situations like these, if you're empty handed, try using the palm of your hands instead of fists." Ahane showed his palm with his finger slightly curled. "You'll be less likely to break your bones and it'll deal more or so the same impact as your fists if not a little less." He struck the dummy, delivering a hard blow.

The two spectators gave hums of acknowledgement, their focused expressions were amusing, to say the least. "Got it?" Ahane turned to them, wondering if his explanation was good enough.

"Yessir!"

"Don't-" He heaved, ignoring their mirthful laughs. "Moving on, what you learnt just now could still be rendered useless in some cases." Ahane huffed. "So now you'll learn pressure points, mainly the ones that can knock a person out. It'll be useful unless you're fighting Kirishima, then you'll have to use brute force." He ended, recalling the spar with the tough boy. He was indeed hard to break.

Kirishima gave a chuckle in response, "Well you still beat me even without those so called pressure points." Uraraka nodded beside him. 

"Yeah! Are pressure points really that useful in combat?"

"I'm not finished, knowing pressure points alone won't be enough to beat your opponent." Ahane shook his head, "It's the combination of both hand to hand combat and pressure points that'll overwhelm them." he gazed at the pair. 

"Shall I give you a taste of it?"

_______________________

Kirishima narrowed his eyes, gazes sharpened at his opponent — a tall build accompanied by strength that rivalled the boy himself. Ahane stood there, a calm air surrounding him; it engulfed the redhead in an unexplained nervous embrace.

His attempts to shake off the anxiousness proved ineffective, Kirishima let the manliness in him run wild as he dashed towards Ahane. He made the first attack, followed by Ahane with a swift dodge. With countless sparrings engraved in his mind, Kirishima was slowly starting to get familiar with Ahane's attack patterns.

A cocky grin plastered on his face as he blocked a kick coming straight to the side of his face, he was glad those past spars were not in vain, even if it ended in his loss every time. His counter attack was direct and packed a punch — he grabbed onto Ahane's leg, to ensure he wouldn't be able to evade the attack this time.

He aimed for the other leg, specifically for the opposite side of the knee. Ahane had previously taught him the correct term for it, but his adrenaline was far too high for his brain to remember. Though that was the least of his concerns, Kirishima winced; before he could land a hit, the pain made him get onto his knees.

"Ow, ow, ow" He hissed, his grip on Ahane's leg was long gone. He should've taken notice but the opponent didn't give him the chance to react as well. Ahane somehow got his fingers on Kirishima's neck — right at the pressure point just below his jawline. Kirishima's body went limp as he collapsed with Ahane still twisting his arm.

His other arm tapped Ahane, begging the merciless boy to let go as Kirishima announced his defeat once again. "Man, I thought I had it this time." He whined, messaging his aching arm.

Uraraka clapped, "You did well, Kirishima-kun!" 

"Next time, take advantage of the kick instead of aiming at the knee pit," Ahane advised. 

Kirishima gave a thumbs up, "Got it. I just wanted to use the move you just taught us, it looked really cool...!" he paused for a while, "The one where you aim at the...knee pit? Whatever you call it."

"I remember! It's the popliteal fossa." Uraraka raised her hand. "How do you know these terms, Ahane-kun?" 

"It's common knowledge."

"Is it really...?"

Midoriya laughed, "Go easy on them, Ahane-kun." he watched as Ahane ran his hand through his hair, beads of sweat rolling down his face. "Let's end the lesson for today, they're completely burnt out." he gestured to the two students on the ground catching their breaths.

Ahane breathed out, a few hours flew by quicker than he expected. It wasn't as bad as he thought, he knew that it wouldn't be as bad as he convinced himself to be. Both his classmates were big balls of sunshine, after all, their smiles could light up anyone's day.

The walk to their dorms was in comfortable silence, all three of them were too drained to spark a conversation; Uraraka stretched her arms out. "Whew, that was tiring." she broke the tranquil air. "But I learned a lot! Thanks to you." the girl thanked with a bright smile, it wasn't until she saw a certain someone in the distance that turned the smile upside down with her brows furrowed.

Midoriya sweatdropped, "Mineta-kun...I hope he isn't plotting anything bad."

"Hey, Ahane," Kirishima interjected, his energy gradually returning to him. "If pressure points can only be utilised in close combat, what would you do if you can't get close to your enemies?" He asked, blurting out his inner impulsive thoughts.

Ahane followed Uraraka's dirty look, a student with purple balls as hair was approaching them at an alarming pace. He whirred; a glowing orb materialised out of thin air. Kirishima blinked, that was all it took as Mineta dropped to the ground with a thud.

Uraraka let out a breath of relief, assuming Mineta had tripped and fallen down. She tilted her head, pondering why Kirishima was staring at Ahane with such shock. Kirishima widened his eyes, he pointed at the unconscious Mineta. 

"Did you..."

"That's your answer."