Discussion | 04

"So why did you transfer here, Ahane-kun?" 

"I missed the exam."

"Oh, you mean the entrance exam? How on earth did you miss such an important exam?"

"I have my reasons."

The conversation between them was surprisingly not that awkward, at least from Midoriya's perspective. Ahane reminded him of Todoroki, a stone-cold boy. He wondered how he was doing with his absence, did it make an impact on his life?

"The traitor, do you have any suspects?" Ahane's question cut off the boy's thoughts.

"A-ah, I don't really have a suspect yet...I still can't believe someone's a traitor in our class." He sighed, could the memory be a false one? But it seemed so real, though sometimes dreams can feel like reality as well.

"So we don't even have a suspect yet." Ahane sounded a bit annoyed. Midoriya flinched, was he already regretting the offer he took?

He immediately tried to reason with him, "But it's not too late to place our suspects on someone now, we should view things with a positive outlook, how about that?" he smiled. On the inside, he himself wasn't even sure where to start.

"...how did you know there was a traitor? Did someone tell you or did you discover it yourself?" he started asking questions.

The boy tried to answer every question the best he could, even with a blurry memory. "The leader of the League of Villains told me, he said someone told them about me....and, my quirk."

"We'll start with the ones closest to you then." Ahane was surprisingly in the lead with the traitor case. Midoriya wanted to believe that he was curious about the traitor.

"Closest to me...probably Kacchan...But we don't have to start with him first...! Maybe-"

"Why? Do you trust him that much?" Ahane questioned him, based on the threatening words he had spit on him. He didn't seem like a trustworthy person, on the outside at least.

"..." the question made him silent. Trust was a strong word. But he knew he could put it on him.

"I guess so..."

Ahane stared at him, what a contradicting answer, he thought. But he pushed the wary feeling away.

"Bakugou Katsuki, childhood friends I presumed?" he sat down, making himself comfortable. This was going to be a long talk.

A small nod to confirm his query, "We weren't like the typical childhood friends...since he didn't like me at all." he gave a soft smile.

"...and why did you continue to stick around?" he focused on him, "He despises you, I'm sure that's already out of the box."

"..." another silent pause. "W-well, it's complicated..."

Ahane sighed, it affected Midoriya as he nervously floated around. "How about the others? Who else rather than him was close to you?" he decided not to poke around too much.

__________________________

The two boys talked for a while, the topic mainly about the traitor and nothing else. Midoriya was feeling tired as the conversation was starting to drain him.

"Ahane-kun...do you live alone? I don't see anyone around...except that one person-" he asked out of curiosity. But a sharp glare was enough to shut him up.

His courage was in tip-top condition today so he decided to press a bit further. "And your house's so big, there's no way it's only for two people. How about your-"

"You're awfully talkative now, should I remind you that right now we're merely partners, and solely that?" he closed his eyes, "Just focus on the traitor, you need every bit of it, don't waste it on me."

Midoriya gulped, maybe he crossed the line. "S-sorry, that was rude of m-me..." He didn't think Ahane was such a secretive person. 

The boy shook his head, going up and doing his own thing. Midoriya now doesn't exist in his line of vision anymore, his eyes only see what a normal person would.

"Um...Ahane-kun...?" he called out but there was no response, Ahane was now in his own world. And Midoriya was not invited one bit, not in the slightest.

"Is it...um, appropriate of me to stay here now-?"

"No."

"I-I see..." the timid boy eventually shuffled away, leaving Ahane alone. Midoriya went through the walls, giving the window one last peek before finally leaving the compound.

A heavy sigh escaped him, "Just what did I get myself into..." He had a feeling that they've only scratched the surface, and he wasn't sure if he was prepared to reveal what was inside. What a mess...why did he accept his requests again?

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°
"Remember Kiro, you can be an asshole if you want, but never, ever disregard someone's call for help."
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The memory emerged uninvited, it ticked him off. His fingers tapped against the table uncontrollably, he was in deep thought, and will probably be in that state for the next hour. The taps were getting quicker and louder before a knock finally interrupted it.

"Come in." he glanced at the door, "...what do you want?" his head not facing him as he stared blankly in the air.

"Dinner's ready." he scanned around before continuing. "How was the first day of school?"

"Horrible." Ahane got up as he went downstairs heading to the dining room. The man walked behind him, Ahane was acting a bit...unusual. 

He spoke up, "Is that so? But I'm sure you made some friends, didn't you?" he paid attention to him.

His face seemed a bit irritated at the mention of the term 'friends', "Yes and no." it was just the first day but a hint of regret was already starting to hit him.

So much for a peaceful day...

The man stared at him as he could sense the irritation gushing out from him, like an invisible sign with the words 'don't talk to me'. Ahane was usually calm and collected, it made him wonder what had caused him so much turmoil.

But the reaction only shaped a slight smile on his face, he pondered once again how the interaction between him and his newfound friend would blossom.

A wondrous day indeed