parties are overrated

prompt: wilbur and schlatt party woahhhh
category: fluff

schlatt tapped his foot impatiently, sitting and watching pointless youtube videos.

he was trying to distract himself, since he did have a party to go to in a few hours. contrary to the persona he liked to embrace on the internet, he rarely liked parties. especially if they were ones were he had no idea who anyone was.

his phone buzzed, gently moving from the vibrations on his desk.
he picked it up, hands clutching both sides. once he saw the notification, anxiety engulfed his lungs with every breath he took.

wilbur soot
tell me your still coming.
to the party

schlatt
i don't want to
i don't even know anyone
god

wilbur soot
is that a yes?
i'm going. i should be reason enough <3

schlatt
never mind, i'm not going

wilbur soot
mean!!
please pretty princess
i could stick with you the whole time

schlatt
i'm not an antisocial twink wilbur

after a moment, and after schlatt saw no text bubble appear, he followed up with another text.

schlatt
fine. i'm coming.

wilbur soot
oh, amazing my dear
i will see you soon my juliet

schlatt couldn't help but smirk at the nicknames wilbur was calling him. pretty princess, dear, juliet. usually he would scream at him to stop out of pure embarrassment. now nothing told him to stop. he liked it.

he grasped the strings of his hoodie, swirling the ends between his fingers in anticipation and nervousness. the two emotions definitely did not make a good mix in his brain.
why was he feeling like this?
it was just wilbur.
just wilbur.
wilbur.

around an hour later, schlatt had found himself sitting in a huddle of clothes. jeans, or dress pants? t-shirt, or long sleeve? there were too many options. and he didn't know why he was dressing to impress- but he knew he had to make a good first impression.

he eventually had picked some darker blue jeans, a black t-shirt, with a grey overcoat. he would aim for darker tones, considering it was winter and it was, also, just cold.
he stared at himself in the mirror, bottle of cologne in his hand. he examined his hair, playing with it gently, and glancing at the hats that were laying around his counter. he decided to skip the hat idea.

after spraying cologne gently around himself, careful not to over-do it, he grabbed his phone, keys, and wallet and walked outside, headed towards his car. emotions swirled around his mind.
the one time wilbur visits, they're going to meet at a party? not at a cafe or something, or something cute and outdoorsy?
he scoffed before climbing into his car, starting it, and pulling the gear out of park mode.
he quickly found the address he was supposed to go to, turned on some music, and was on his way.

before he knew it, the sun had set, and he pulled up to the house. it was relatively modern, just more trendy and stereotypically built.
he pulled out his phone, opening the messaging app and clicking on wilbur, who's profile picture was a photo of him choking on water.