sun and earth

hey! real quick, i want to say thank you everyone for reading and also just leaving comments. it makes my day and encourages me to keep writing this. so again, thank you and take care of yourselves 💕

prompt: a not so noble savior
category: fluff

wilbur held his head high.

high like mountains, calm as the sky. he inhaled every five seconds, exhaled the next three. he felt the air blow by him, tracing his cheeks and nose with cold remnants. he sighed, fingers bruised and palms sore; and picked up his guitar.

he strummed a familiar melody, one he had played hundreds of times before.

"your city gave me asthma, so that's why i'm fucking leaving,"

he sang, voice growing coarse and rough.

"london puts barriers on the tube line,"

before wilbur could recognize he was done with the song he heard clapping. he stared down at himself and his light brown guitar. he felt his own blood flowing through him, though his head grew faint.

someone positioned next to him pushed his shoulder- as if to nudge him.
he turned, slowly, to face the person, though his vision was blurry. his legs began to wobble. before he knew it- arms where wrapped around him- and walking him away.

whoever was taking him away was obviously scolding wilbur, for he could hear the annoyance though it sounded distant.

somehow his guitar was off of him and he was sitting on a bench, water dripping from his chin and lips wet. he looked around...he was sat in some sort of lobby, hunched over, while someone- a guy, force fed him water and off-brand chips.

wilbur swatted the guys hand away from his face.

"christ, wilbur! do you want to be a social embarrassment?" the voice scolded, and once again the hand was on his face, holding his chin still so he could force water down wilburs throat.

he held the forearm of such hand, accidentally keeping it in place on his chin when he was trying to move it off.
wilbur eventually opened his eyes, which weren't blurry for once. the man torturing him, (but in reality was helping,) was none other than... schlatt?

"s-sch" wilbur sounded, trying to figure out why his throat felt like there were boulders lodged through.

schlatt laughed. "hello, earth to wilbur."

wilburs grip on schlatts forearm loosened, and with his other hand he felt his forehead with haste.

schlatt knew what wilbur was to ask.
"well, will, you were performing for a small crowd of people. you are now in a lobby of a hotel." schlatt looked into wilburs obviously disoriented and slightly panicked eyes.

"your buddy nudged you because you very clearly were passing out. i got to you just in time."

wilbur shook his head as schlatts arm lowered, and with that wilburs hand released from it. schlatt held an almost empty water bottle and a  bright blue bag of some sort of potato chips.

"in t.." inhale "time?" wilbur croaked.

"will," schlatt laughed, the corner of his mouth curling upwards with his growing amusement. "you were falling. to the ground. i saved you just before your demise."