black and white

an: i'm experimenting with angst...let's see how this goes? this'll be relatively short.
i'll also immediately work on a fluff oneshot to retaliate :')

prompt: right person, wrong time.
category: angst

schlatt moved on.

wilbur and him had been a fling. a momentary pause in time. at least, to schlatt.

the past 3 months had been an explosion of color, excitement, anguish, kisses and memories to wilbur. he found himself remembering small happenings, like the night they watched the stars until the sun rose, or the time they had dinner along the beach- accompanied by red wine and fancy food, but was proven too elegant for them.

wilbur had been demoted. he went from #1, the biggest spot in schlatts book, to around #12. now the only time he would hear from him was in coincidental filming- perhaps on love or hosts, or skits portrayed by quackity. when the two did call, one on one, it was mere jokes. neither addressed the past 3 months of summer fun.

they really only addressed schlatt's new girlfriend.

i'm sure you could imagine wilbur after hearing of her. confusion and anxiety struck at his sensitive nerves. he needed to cry so bad, it could've killed him. but he was so numb he couldn't feel the tears and depression seeping into his life.
in this time, two mentalities tortured wilbur.

the first, well, wasn't sparing. you could imagine it as the devil on his shoulder.
this little devil, (for lack of better word; voice) would whisper to him when found vulnerable. it would say things like this:

    you were never enough
    you fucked it all up.
                                      this is your fault
          he never loved you, why would he?
   oh, you thought you mattered to him? ha!
    just go back to being a nobody.

now, the second mentality or side to him, you could view as the angel.
oh, i wish.
the devil hidden in angels clothing. this side fed him false realities, made him drink his emotions away. all just to throw it back up in the morning, and all just to repeat.

because wilbur was realizing, his colorful summer- full of warmth, love, sunsets, champagne and somehow the color red, was all black and white to schlatt.
schlatt had just been bored. wanted to pass the time, free himself of past guilt and use someone to distract him. like a true puppeteer.
this, again, destroyed wilbur. he had always been one to fall in love all too quickly. schlatt had captured him. it was, at first, in his gaze. then wilbur saw the way he genuinely smiled at the smallest things. he noticed how his mouth curled up when he talked about something he was passionate about. and he fell, immediately, and quicker than ever, invited schlatt to spend the summer with him.
and he had accepted.

schlatt flew to brighton on may 9th.

and the two broke apart on august 13th.

and he had gotten a new girlfriend on august 16th.
almost like he was waiting to return to her.

maybe wilbur was a test. a quiz to see how good schlatt thought he was at being a boyfriend. or maybe he was only testing uncharted waters. wilbur questioned and wondered, but knew, ultimately, he would never know.

because he blocked schlatt on everything. he talked to close friends about the situation, but kept schlatts name anonymous. he was going to pick up the million pieces he left behind. and he was going to stream more, write more songs, and live on. because it's what we all have to do.

wilbur told himself, that maybe, it was a pure case cliche of,

right person, wrong time.

an:
hope this was ok? i haven't written angst on here before and i know i listed it in the things i would do. i also wanted to try writing it i general. hope it wasn't hot garbage

tried to add a ''moving on'' aspect to the end so it wasn't wilbur getting sucked up in grief? because even then it would get sad

but,, thanks for 600+ reads!!!!! that's so amazing and i thank all of you dearly💞💞
have a good night and drink water!

-i