summer nights

hello !
real quick,
thank you all for 4k+ reads! you guys+your positivity towards this story continuously encourages me to keep writing. 💞💞
i haven't been the most consistent with updating, and i'm sorry for that. schoolwork keeps piling on and i've been having pretty bad writers block. so sorry for the month break!

also, i know the ending weeks of march was harsh on the mcyt(?) community in general.
please remember to drink water and eat, take care of yourselves and check in on your friends/you.

also, i had a question!

what would you guys think if i started to write AU oneshots? i know what i've got going on here is pretty realistic, (being like spending new years together, etc) but i've been feeling trying to write something new? let me know if that's something you guys would like to read :]

anyways, thank you for reading so far!💞

prompt: a hot summer afternoon.
category: fluff

"comeeeeee on!!!"

a blur.
a wistful blur of a freshly washed blue sweater, brown pants and rather worn converse.

he grabbed my hand. he hadn't done that- yet. he just hadn't done that. was that something he could do?
dragging me. the pavement- it's hot against my shoes. the sun is setting but continues to beat its persistent rays onto my face.

both of my hands. he's now just got both of them, like he's to rob them from me. he grips my fingers, tracing their every crease.

"come on, let's try this flavor."

i nod. i'm shocked. happy.
i never thought i would be here, in this moment.

... he speaks to the guy at the register, ordering some flavor of ice cream. i feel hot, but so cold.

...

...

"schlatt?" he calls, not the guy at the register, but the crazy one- the one gripping onto my hands.
wilbur.

we sit down, at a nearby setup table.

"are you okay?" he asks, aiming to look directly in my eyes.

"it's hotttt." i groan, moving my hand to my eyes so i could block out the sun.

"it's 6pm. the suns setting, it'll get cold soon enough."
he lets go of my hands?

i have to remind myself where i am for a moment—i was lost in the heat and this absolute blur of a man. we were at a set-up market along the roads of downtown austin.

"schlatt, you don't look so great." wilbur starts to get up from the folding chair he was sitting on- sitting across from schlatt. "let me get you some water."

"wha," schlatt started.

"it's free." wilbur pointed to a sign at the ice cream set up shop. schlatt slowly moved his eyes to read it.

free water for those who have bought ice cream! it read, in bolded letters plastered over a poster board.

before schlatt could protest, mans was already back with 2 water bottles.

"you are one blur of a man." schlatt groaned, opening the bottle of dasani. it wasn't even cold.

"thank you, j." wilbur giggled a bit, opening his own and taking a desperate drink.
wilbur had started to call schlatt j. didn't know why. he didn't hate it— out of all the creative things wilbur had made him— it was better than pretty princess.