Rajveer-Naina - Unbreakable Bond - 1

She stands at the main entrance of KMA - a prestigious Military Academy. Her mind fogs up and her eyes feel heavy with tears. She feels her lip quivering, she would try to hold it back,  try to swallow her tears and not show her weakness, but her will is too weak. Her eyes itch and burn from holding back her tears, causing her throat to turn tight; She can feel a cry starting to form. She wishes she could push her emotions down so deep.

"Fresher?"

His voice arrests her, causing her to immidiately wipe her tears away and slowly turn around. Slowly looking up, she finds a man, in his 20's, standing in front of her, quizzingly staring at her. Her eyes lingers on his name tag  - Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat.

"yes, yes sir?"

She Hesitantly says, her eyes roaming around here and there, trying her level best to avoid his gaze.

"What's your name, Cadet?"

Rajveer asks

"It's Naina Singh Ahluwalia, sir"

Naina replies respectfully.

He folds his arms as he keeps gazing her as she tries to avoid the eye contact. Silence takes place between the two of them.

"kya mein ja sakti hun, sir?"

Naina finally breaks the ice. She wants to leave as soon as possible. She doesn't want him or anyone else to observe her. She doesn't want him to see the tears that are about to start flowing from her eyes.

He says nothing but nods. There is something about Naina that's making Rajveer to notice her more than he should notice a cadet.

He sees her walking away and something inside him wants to stop her.

"Cadet Naina"

He calls her before she can leave his sight.

She stops in her tracks, afraid of what he is about to say. She slowly turns towards him, finally meeting his gaze while her heart starts thumping loud inside her chest.

"yes, sir?"

Naina asks, more like a whisper.

He starts to take baby steps towards her. With every step he takes, her heartbeat picks up pace. His gaze burns her. The more she tries to not get noticed, the more he notices her.

"Aap theek hain, cadet?"

Rajveer asks, generally to see how she will react. And to his ultimate surprise, she starts shaking slightly at his question. Her eyes starts to wonder here and there, yet again.

She doesn't say anything, and she didn't need to. one look in her eyes told him everything. He could see sorrow in her eyes as clearly as if she was speaking her thoughts and emotions aloud.

She looks up at him, finally and he notices a tear rolling down her eyes. He gets stunned and something inside him breaks.

Did he hurt her?

His eyes softens and his hand automatically extends towards her shoulder while he gazes in her eyes.

He wants to hold her shoulders to give her support. He wants to ask her what exactly is bothering her. No, not out of any sexual thoughts, but out of care.

Right when the tip of his finger touches her shoulder, she lets out a painful moan and backs off immediately.

"Sir, Please excuse me, mujhe jaana hai"

That's the only thing she is able to utter between her uncontrollable shivers.

And she rushes inside KMA and soon, leaves his sight.

He isn't able to understand Naina's behaviour. The way she is reacting, the way she is avoiding his gaze, the way she doesn't want to speak to him, it just creates nothing but doubts in his mind.

Is she hiding something? What is her secret?

Is she the person he is searching for?; The reason why he is posted in KMA.

Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, a captain in the Indian Army who is posted in KMA on a special mission - to find a spy as well as to teach the cadets "strategy and communication".

He does not want to doubt her, but there is no way he can take any sort of risk.

Is Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia the spy he is looking for? He decides to keep an eye on her.

-_-_-_-_-_-

A week has passed. Nothing has changed between Rajveer and Naina. He makes no effort to strike a conversation with her, but observes her silently.

Since the day Naina entered KMA, she has been extremely quiet. She sits alone, eats alone and gets angry when her fellow cadets tries to start a conversation with her.

In all her lectures, she sits at the very back of the classroom, not wanting to get noticed by anyone.

But she doesn't realize that her trying to hide is what's making her to stand out in the eyes of Rajveer.

Rajveer walks in early in an empty classroom and surprisingly finds Naina there, sitting alone at the very back.

She looks up and a shiver goes down her spine. This is the last thing she wants - what if he questions her about their first encounter.

She immediately gets up.

"I'll be back with the rest of the cadets, sir"

she says without meeting Rajveer's gaze and turns towards the exit when Rajveer's words arrests her.

"Cadet Naina, aap yahan ruk sakti hain! I don't bite"

He tries to get her to smile with his words, but in vain. She turns back towards her seat and sits down giving him a nod.

"Cadet, apne baare mein kuch bataiye. Like, aapki hobbies kya hain? What do you like to do in your free time? "

He awaits her response but all she does is starts fidgeting with the pen she is holding in her hand.

He realizes that his question has made her uncomfortable. But why?

"Relax Naina"

He says.

"Agar tum abhi nahi batana chahti toh koi baat nahi."

Just then, his gaze falls on her wrist and he spots a scratch, more like a healing cut.

"Tumhare hath par kya hua hai Naina?""

He asks her out of extreme concern as he takes a step closer to her. To take a better look, he extends his hand to touch hers, but before he can do anything, she pulls away and immediately rolls down her sleeve.

"Kuch nahi sir, wo kuch din pehle mujhe kaanch lag gaya tha. But I am fine now"

She replies without making any eye-contact. The way she starts to shiver with his question ensures him that she is lying.

He decides to find all out!