Rajveer-Naina - Revenge - OS

The loud ticking of the clock marks the dead silence in the living room. Sitting on a black leather couch, she constantly stares at the floor without blinking. The purple rings under her eyes, sitting perched on the ledges of her cheekbones that protrudes from her facial features, matches the color of the jumper she is wearing. It's sleeves are stretched by nervous fingers, and now permanently hangs baggier than necessary. Her skin sets off the rusty color in her eyes, which then flickers with specks of cobalt when she is particularly angry. A blur current runs beneath her skin, turning her a sickly shade of pale.

Slowly, she shifts her gaze from the floor and looks towards the window. She gazes at the dark and a stormy night as snowflakes falls on the ground with great speed. The wind tosses the snowflakes with more force, making it harder for people to see.

The storm outside is nothing compared to the storm that's running inside her.

A lone of tear escapes from her puffed eyes as she goes back in to the flashbacks of the dark memories that haunts her till today.

Flashback

"Bhaiyya meri doll wapis kijiye"

Naina runs after her brother, Naveen, to snatch her favourite doll out of his hands.

Out of breath, running with a great speed away from Naina, Naveen yells,

"Nahi dunga...kya Naina? 21 ki hogayi hai tu or itni badi ho ke abhi bhi doll se khelti hai"

Making fun of Naina, Naveen rushes towards the main door when suddenly, the main door of the house opens wide and there stands few men pointing gun at Naveen, shocking not just Naveen but Naina as well. Before anyone could understand or do something, one of the men pulled the trigger.

BOOM

"BHAIYYA"

Shouts Naina as earth slips beneath Naina's feet as she watches her brother laying dead on the ground, covered in his own blood.

"Mr. Rajveer Singh Shekhawat ko bulao"

Says one of the men

Her head starts feeling dizzy and before passing out, the last thing she sees is a pair of eyes staring at her. Unable to see his face clearly, she passes out.

Flashback Ends

A lone of tear escapes from Naina's eyes as she continues watching the snowstorm outside. That one horrible incident changed her life completely. That incident turned a bubbly Naina into a stone.

The name Rajveer Singh Shekhawat is the name which she won't be able to forget, not even in her dreams. This is the name which haunts her till today, which tilted her life upside down. After her parent's death, Naveen was Naina's only support and those people took him away from her.

She still remembers Rajveer's eyes as well as the burning rage in them which sends down shivers in her spine even today.

The ringing of the doorbell brings Naina back to reality as well as skips her heartbeat. Getting up, she begins to head towards the door. Slowly, she opens the door and the scene in front of her eyes shocks her. She finds a young man standing at her door, his full body covered in snow. The only thing she can see is his eyes.

His intense and bottomless eyes stares in her hazel poles - they look as though they will swallow her whole.

As she holds his gaze, blood drains out of her face as she remembers Rajveer's eyes. Both their eyes resembles. How could this be possible? Thinking it's just a coincidence, she erases this thought.

"Kya mein andar aa sakta hun?"

The man standing at the door asks with a deep voice, leading Naina's heartbeat to pick up pace.

His deep voice attracts her attention towards him all the more.

"Kaun hain aap?"

She question. Her voice comes out like a whisper.

He stares her in silence for few moments. The uniqueness in her eyes tells the man something.

"Mein ek sipahi hun. Is barfani taufan ki wajah se mein rasta bhatak gaya hun. Kya mujhe do(2) dino ke liye aap ke ghar mein panaah mil sakti hai?"

He explains, staring her without blinking.

She immediately gets attracted to his eyes. His eyes reveals something unique about this man which Naina fails to understand at this moment.

"Sipahi..."

She utters as her voice breaks.

Upon having a soft corner for Soldiers, she couldn't help but agree.

"Aap andar aa sakte hain"

Replies Naina giving him the way to enter inside the house.

Slowly, he enters the house. Shutting the door behind her, she stares back at him.

"Ayiye mein aapko room ka rasta dikha deti hun"

He blinks his eyes very slowly. The snow slowly melts from his body, revealing him clearly. He is well-built. He is tall, not tall enough to be lanky, but strong. He has a look of confidence etched permanently into his features and into his walk. That confidence is never to be confused with being stuck up. His fair complexion furthers the awe- striking effect that his black hair and intense eyes has on Naina.

"Kya aap mujhe ab kamre ka rasta dikha sakti hain?"

He asks, his stern voice reveals his annoyance towards Naina.

Naina lowers her eyes and feels embarrassed. There is something about this man which doesn't stop her from staring; no, it's not about his looks, but something much more! Although she doesn't let anyone in her house just like that, especially men, yet she allowed him. She, herself, doesn't know why.

"Iss taraf"

She says softly as she heads towards one of the rooms.

Reaching the room, she says plainly,

"Yehi hai aapka kamra. Agar aapko kisi bhi cheez ki zarurat ho toh bata dijiyega. Mera kamra samne hi hai"

"Shukriya"

The man says entering the room.

As he was about to shut the door, Naina puts her palm on the door, as a gesture of stoping it from closing.

Staring him directly in the eyes, she asks,

"Agar aapko bura na lage toh kya mein aapka naam jaan sakti hun?"

..........to be continued soon