♡28♡

"Let me out of this fucking room, Tanner!"

I jump up from the bed that Tanner threw me on and charge at him. He grabs hold of my arms and stands in front of the door, blocking my access. I try to wriggle them free from his grip, but he's holding on to me so tightly that they don't move an inch.

"Calm the fuck down, Leah! You've been drinking, and you're too angry to see reason right now."

"I am fucking calm!" I scream.

He shakes his head and releases my arms. "You're not Leah."

I attempt to push past him, but his strong body stands in the same place, not budging in the slightest.

"Let me past Tanner! I'm not done with her."

"No!" he shouts, matching my own volume.

I huff in annoyance, knowing that his brute strength and determination is stopping me from leaving this room and I go sit on the edge of the bed and hide my head in my hands.

Why can't I let it go? So he did that with her. It was before me and we weren't even in the same State at that point. Hell, we did even like each other then. I shouldn't be so mad. Though, my mind keeps thinking why her? She's vile.

"Ugh! Out of all the people you had to fuck at Berkeley, why her?" I snap, lifting my head.

Tears begin to fall from my eyes, and I don't know if they're angry tears or sad ones. Maybe a mixture of both. I hear Tanner sigh heavily, and his shoes echo on the hardwood floor as he comes to sit beside me.

"I don't know why I slept with her. It didn't go on for long, and it was only sex with her, she has nothing on you."

But something attracted Tanner to her for him to sleep with her and it must have been going on long enough for Chloe to be so sure of herself that he'd go back to her.

"How long?" I whisper, wiping my eyes.

"Huh?"

"How long did you sleep with her for?" I can't bear to look at him while I ask him this question, so I focus my eyes on his quilt and trace the brown square patterns with my fingers.

He groans loudly. "Does it even matter?"

"It matters to me."

He's quiet for a few seconds, making me think he's not going to tell me.

"Six months, on and off."

I sniffle. "So some time, then."

"Hardly."

"Who ended it?"

"I did. I had enough of her and broke whatever we had off before summer vacation."

I'm relieved that he's the one who ended it. It gives me some reassurance that he really won't go back to her.

"So, that's why she's still bitter then." I look up at him with puffy eyes, and my lip trembles.

"I'm scared you'll go back to her. You've had sex with her, and hell, a fucking threesome with her, when I haven't... haven't done that with you."

Tanner places his hands on either side of my face and stares hard into my eyes. "I don't give a fuck about any other girl. Especially some puck bunny. And I don't care what we have and haven't done; I enjoy being with you, Leah."

I lower my eyes. "But I'm not adventurous like those other girls. I'd never want to have a threesome, or go to a sex party, or dungeon or whatever."

He chuckles lightly, trying to diffuse the tension. "Sex dungeon? I'm not that perverted, Leah," he says dryly.