Chapter 7

Shyrah's POV

Goddess it was so hot in the area we had moved too. I took off my shirt to reveal the black sports bra I was wearing. Out of respect for my mate while working around other males, I tried to keep it on, but it's soaked in my sweat and kept sticking to me. I felt eyes on me but I ignored them. I couldn't encourage their staring, wouldn't want Rohan to accidentally kill someone. My dads still weren't back and it's been an intense couple of days of work and dealing with Lords who weren't happy they weren't getting their way. They all want to tweak something after they saw something another was getting and it was childish. If I could use my magic without it backfiring then I would curse their tongues to keep them silent. 

"I think you're missing an article of clothing," Rohan said as he approached, covered in dirt and sweat. I twisted it to show the sweat that dripped from it. "It's like a wet tshirt contest," I told him. "They were enjoying the way it stuck to me more than being without it. I don't know what a male's fascination with wet shirts on women." I looked in his eyes and I saw the unspoken words in them. He enjoyed me wet no matter if it was my clothes or in other places. 

I couldn't help it as I bit my lip and he growled softly. The lust was surely there between us and I enjoyed it. With a body like his, I'd have to be defective to not lust after him. "How is the work going over here," he asked me changing our focus. "Slow," I said. "The wolves are having struggles with the heat. I think it'd be best to break during the peak hours of heat and pick it up again when it starts cooling off. Or even work at night when it's coolest." 

He nodded, "I agree." We had them break for the time being. I was on the beach when he came over. He took my hand, "Let's go for a swim." "I can't swim," I told him. "We won't go in deep," he said to me. I nodded, "Okay." 

We went back to the tent and traded our sweat soaked clothes for our swim wear. He looked over my bikini and I could see the lust that was there. I looked over his shirtless torso and knew this was going to be a very much needed break. We went to the water and I went till the water went waist high but it only went to his hips. He picked me up, my legs going around his waist and he went further into the water. "This is better than swimming," he said and I had to agree. He had just pressed his lips against mine when we heard two people we wished we didn't. 

"That's disgusting," she said and I rolled my eyes as I pulled away. "So is hearing your voice," I told her. "Why are you dressed like that around him," Andre asked me. "Because she's my fucking mate," Rohan answered for me. "If we were alone in our tent, she wouldn't be wearing anything at all in my presence." The rage and jealousy flared in both of their eyes. "You're worse than a child Andre," I said to him. "You could have had me at first, but you rejected me. Now that you can't have me, you're crying like a pathetic child. Actually I feel that's an insult to my siblings back home since the oldest of them are only a year and they still act more mature than you." I turned my eyes to Margie. "You're just as pathetic. You didn't want him because he wasn't a Lord but when he became one, you became desperate to get in his favor then throw a tantrum and hurt him when you didn't get what you want. Why would he ever want you after that? You were constantly hurting him then trying to get with him then hurting him again as if wanting to use the pain you were putting him through as a way to black mail him into being with you. Luckily for me, he's too fucking stubborn to give in to your demands." 

With my rising anger towards them, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Rohan tensed, having felt the pain through our bond. Neither of us let them see I was in pain as he began to walk towards the beach with me still wrapped around me. When they weren't in eye sight anymore, I tucked my face into the crook of his neck as I felt the pain again. In our tent he sat with me on the pallet, his hand running up and down my back soothingly. "Take deep breaths Shy," he said to me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of his scent. I stayed like that for a while until the pain stopped. 

Rohan then had me sit on the pallet as got me a bath ready. "What's the point if I'm just gonna get hot and dirty again," I asked him. "You're not leaving this tent for the rest of the night," he told me. "You're going to rest and relax." I saw  the reason in his eyes, he was scared. Dealing with our exs brings out such intense emotions that it causes my heart rate to increase and I guess it couldn't handle it. I nodded, not fighting him on this. I stripped off my bikini and took my hair down before getting in. He gave me much of the same treatment I had given him and it was nice. 

His Fae instincts to take care of me and protect me were in full force, and I didn't know if I found it sweet, annoying, or a combination of the two. He was worse than a mother hen tending her chicks. He watched me eat everything he brought me, not let me get up unless I had to use the bathroom, and refused to let me do anything productive. To make him happy, I did everything he asked without protest because I know he is doing all of this because he's worried and scared. I'm not gonna lie. This shit scares the hell out of me, but I'm not gonna be a big baby about it. I can't live my life in fear. 

"Can you do me a favor," I asked once we both laid down for bed that night. "What," he asked me. "Don't tell my parents," I said to him. "Why," he asked me. "Because they're already dealing with so much. My health shouldn't be a current worry for them," I replied. "With mom dealing with her grief and with them trying to deal with the human governments as well as trying to get this land ready for our people to come here, it's already so much. I don't want to add to it." He was silent for a moment, before he nodded, "On one condition. You have to take it easy and avoid those two at all costs. They get your blood pressure to spike and your heart to race, who knows what's going to happen. I don't want to loose you." I thought about his condition before nodding, "You've got a deal." He gave me a soft kiss before I laid my head on his chest and fell asleep to the steady sound of his heartbeat.