Chapter 5

Rohan's POV

We got to enjoy two days, doing nothing but having sex and getting to know each other. We did stop every now and then to eat, and we even went on a walk around the woods, seeing what was created so far. In the end I took her against a tree, and from her moans she didn't seem to mind it too much. Then duty called and we had to go back. Shyrah's sisters were still there and enjoying themselves so Shyrah went off to spend time with them while I went to go see how the progress is going. 

The buildings around the island were really starting to take shape. The witches were here establishing our source of power, so soon we'll have things like electricity. I was looking over a log of supplies from the most recent inventory when I was approached by King Qin. "Where is Shyrah," he asked me. "With her sisters," I answered. He nodded, and I knew where this was going. "I get it," I told him. "You and Prince Nathaniel don't like me. Honestly, I don't give a fuck." "You don't seem to care what anyone thinks," he said to me. "That's not true," I told him easily. "I care what my mate thinks of me." "You haven't been mated long enough for her to have a full opinion of you," he pointed out to me. "She had to see something in me if she agreed to mate with me," I threw at him. He clenched his jaw then nodded, "Shyrah has always been a good judge of character, I'll give her that. It is because of Pyrus and her that I am okay with your mating. However, just because you mated to her, doesn't mean I have to like you. I will be civil for her sake though." "Oh no it's the end of the world, the King doesn't like me," I said sarcastically. He glared at me and I returned it. 

"Behave you two," Pyrus said as he walked over to us, hands in his pockets, that usual smirk on his face. "So where are we with the inventory reports?" "Everything looks good," I answered with a nod. "Awesome," Pyrus said as he took them from me. "Take the rest of the day off. Go get to know your sister in laws before they go back home." I wanted to protest but him and Qin walked off, ignoring me. I sighed and followed the mating bond to where Shyrah and her sisters were training. Shyrah wore black basketball shorts, a black sports bra, black combat boots, and her hair was up. Seeing all three was like looking at the poster children of three different aesthetics. Mania reminded me of that pretty pink aesthetic , had her hair curled while in a pony tail, held by a sparkling scrunchie. She wore a pink sports bra, pink track pants, white Nike high tops. She wore another pink scrunchie on her wrist. She had a purple duffle bag with a baby blue hydro flask that had a cat with a unicorn horn on it. 

Her other sister, Karla, was like that hipster nerd. You couldn't get it from her work out clothes, but I saw her earlier when the sisters first met up. She had wore a navy skirt with black tights under it, a gray long sleeve shirt, her navy hair braided into two low pigtails, black ankle boots, black glasses even though she didn't need them since demons have perfect eyesight, and a black hat of some kind. Then you have Shyrah who has that bad ass, fuck you up aesthetic with her gothic fashion with a slight biker edge to her. 

I watched as Shyrah did a maneuver that had Karla hitting the ground, her breath leaving her lungs. When Mania noticed me walking up, she smiled brightly. She was very bubbly compared to her two sisters. It was because of her bubbly personality that Shyrah was so over protective of her. It wasn't because she thought Mania as naïve, but because she didn't want anything to diminish her smile. Karla was a calmer personality but also friendly, just not much for smiles. 

Shyrah turned to see who Mania was smiling at and I noticed the corners of her lips quirked up slightly. "Prince Pyrus let me off for the rest of the day, to uh, get to know your sisters before they go back home," I shared with her. "This is perfect," Mania said happily. Suddenly I was no longer on the island. 

Shyrah's POV

One second my mate and my sisters were right here, then Mania poofed the three of them off somewhere. I didn't know what scared me more, that my sisters were alone with my mate, or that my mate was alone with my sisters. Rohan didn't have the best of tempers, Mania didn't know how to shut up, and Karla didn't know how to not be so fucking blunt. This spelled disaster to me. I knew my sisters wouldn't kill him and vice versa, but put near death? I wasn't too confident in either of them. 

I decided to make my way to the tent Rohan had set up for the two of us. I was almost there when the biggest ass on the planet approached me. "I can't believe you mated with that no good contractor," Andre seethed. "You were the dumb ass who rejected me. Besides, since I know what you're really like, I can tell you, had you not rejected me, I would've rejected you," I informed me. "It won't work between the two of you," he declared. "And what makes you say that," I asked him. "I'm your destined mate. I'm better than he is," he said, chest out, hands on his hips. 

I couldn't help the cold laugh that escaped my lips. "I seriously doubt that. After all, he's the most trusted friend and Lord of Prince Pyrus, while you're family has done nothing but sit perched on the edge of tolerance with my father, Prince Nathaniel." He clenched his jaw, "I'm better than him, and I will prove it." I shook my head, still laughing, "If you continue to press this, I will deal with you. And you really don't want that to happen." 

I watched as he slightly paled, but didn't back down. I'll give the fucker credit where credit is due, he does have a set of balls on him. Most would be avoiding my eyes. I'm a cursed demon and all that shit that makes everyone weary of me. Everyone except Rohan. Since the moment we met, he accepted me for what I am, not judging that I was a demon. He was one in a million, outside of my family. He didn't even care that he would end up being the father to demon half lings. He already accepted them, and that was part of the reason why I agreed to his plan. 

"Look Andre, I got shit I need to do, so if you want to cry about the situation you put yourself in, then go find someone else who will humor your pathetic pity party," I told him. I then walked past him and went to my tent. I wanted to take a bath, but I didn't think it best. There were no doors, and I didn't want to risk someone just come in while I soaked. Especially since Andre wasn't standing too far from my tent. I didn't need Rohan to get pissed and use his lightning to fry Andre's eyeballs. Even though it'd be rather fun to watch. 

I sighed and plopped down on the pallet I was sharing with him. Goddess I couldn't wait for an actual bed. Soon, I reminded myself. Won't be long till the island will be finished then I could enjoy the sweet, sweet comforts of a bed. At the thought of a bed, I began to question what kind of house did Rohan want to have for us or if he wanted to just stay in the castle until the island was completed and then build our house so that we weren't taking any focus or materials from our people. What would I even want in a house? I knew I always wanted a family, but I never thought of the kind of house I wanted to live in. I really should've paid at least some attention to those shitty home makeover shows Mania likes watching. I'm going to be completely useless when designing our home. I'm going to be useless for a lot of things to be honest. I'm shit at cleaning, I can't cook for shit, I barely learned how to do laundry properly a month ago. 

I guess I could use the excuse of living in another dimension most of my life to make up for that, but I have been out of that dimension for a little bit, I should have at least picked up more than just laundry. I sighed, holding in my groan. A mate is to help lighten the load, but I might just be adding it to Rohan. I have to learn how to do something to not be so useless. The question is though, what?