Chapter 6

Rohan's POV

When her sisters finally brought me back, it was late. I made my way to the tent I shared with Shyrah. I went in and saw her wearing her panties and a tank top as she slept, clutching my pillow to her. I felt the right side of my lip quirk up slightly at the sight. I stripped down to my underwear before slipping my pillow from her arms. She woke up enough to register that I came back. She scooted over enough for me to lay next to her. I laid down and pulled her to me and she rested her head on my chest, leg across me. She was asleep instantly. I pressed my lips to her forehead before falling asleep. 

The next morning I woke up to Shyrah pushing herself up as she woke up. I opened my eyes and saw her hair was a mess from sleep. She rubbed the sleep out of her eye as she yawned. I felt strong lust as I watched her. "You're a creep," she said with a soft smile. "How so," I asked her. "You're fucking staring at me," she said. "I'm not staring, I'm admiring my mate," I corrected. She rolled her eyes before laying on top of me. "So where did you and my sisters go," she asked me. "To some weird dimension that was pink and sparkly," I answered. "That's Mania's self created dimension," she told me. "That's how awesome my sister is at magic. Almost all demons can make their own dimensions, it's why most demons don't buy houses. We can build almost anything in our dimension. Except I can't make shit. I'd probably make something that would kill me." "Have you ever thought of getting a tutor," I asked her. She nodded, "Both my mother and Mania have tried to teach me, but I actually have this defect in my magic that makes it unpredictable. Thankfully I don't have much when it comes to magic so I don't have to worry about causing actual chaos with my magical screw ups." She blew a strand of her hair out of her face, "I'm not that sexy and scary powerful demon princess people read about in their fantasy books. I'm just a warrior princess who's lucky to not end up in a lake when I use my magic." I tucked the strand of hair behind her ear, "You're more than just a warrior princess. You're one of the best warrior princesses." 

She rolled her eyes, "Sweet words will get you no where." I chuckled softly, "So what did you do after I was abducted?" "I came back to the tent," she told me. "On the way to the tent, I was approached by Andre." I growled, my good mood gone, "What did he want?" "Wanted to tell me it wasn't going to work out between us because I was his destined mate," she said. "I told him if he didn't leave me be, I will do something about it and he won't like it. When I did get back to the tent, I wanted to take a bath but since he wasn't far from the tent I didn't want to risk someone just coming in since you weren't here. Especially since Andre was standing too close to our tent for comfort." "If he approaches you, let me know," I told her. She raised an eyebrow, "And what are you going to do?" 

"Ensure he never even looks your way again," I promised her. She smiled, "Maybe I was wrong. Maybe sweet words will get you somewhere after all." She then kissed me. I put buried my hand in her hair, gripping it slightly as I took control of the kiss. She moaned as I did and began to rub the bulge in my underwear. I growled softly and rolled us so she was under me, her legs parted so I could press my hard on against her. I began trailing kisses down her neck till I got to her mark and decided to renew it. She bit back her loud moan due to us being in a tent with who knows how many people able to hear us. 

I had just slipped my hand into her panties to pleasure her when my phone began to ring. I reached over and grabbed it. "You have Lord Rohan," I said without answering it. "Since you and Shyrah are mated, you're technically a Prince now," Pyrus corrected and I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, Qin and I are gonna leave for a bit. We just found out Cindy's parents are dying with not much time to live so we're going to spend some time with her and help with the kids while she plans their funeral and her coronation. We need you and Shyrah to take over for a bit." "It's in good hands dad, just leave it to us," Shyrah said, having heard with her heightened hearing. "You just focus on mom." "We will," Pyrus said with a sigh. "Call if you need anything." He then hung up and I looked at Shyrah. 

"Did you know them," I asked her. "Just a little," she said. "I'm not really all that close to them. I love grandma Laurel and grandpa Marvel, they're my mom Alice's parents. They live in the castle but they've been dealing with some major PTSD so there are times we don't see them for a bit." "Pyrus told me about what the council did to them. That shit was fucked up," I told her. She nodded, "I'm not sure of all of the details, but I am happy they're safe and are working with doctors to find a sense of normalcy again." We talked for a few more minutes until we decided to dress and go see where things were so far and to get something to eat. 

As we walked, she laced her fingers with mine and it was a comforting presence to have. When I saw Andre glaring at me, I returned his glare. Shyrah gave my hand a slight squeeze, as if telling me that she was here with me and not going anywhere else. We told those that needed to know, that Pyrus and Qin were stepping away for a bit, but we didn't inform them of the reason. It was a family matter and that is where it stays, with the family. 

When my help was needed to work on one of the structures, I got my hands dirty and put in some real work instead of holding a damn clipboard like I have been as of late. I worked for a few hours until it was lunch time and Shryah brought me some water and something to eat. She too looked like she had been working. "I'm not looking forward to sleeping on the pallet tonight," she muttered. I nodded in agreement. My body was sore from working, and I knew the pallet wouldn't be kind to it. 

After we ate we went back to our separate work areas. I worked well into sundown and I was in need of a bath and some way to get my muscles to stop hurting. When I went into the tent I saw Shyrah was freshly bathed with her hair up, wearing one of my shirts that hung off of one her shoulders, and a pair of my boxers. She also had a fresh bath ready for me, that did have bubbles in that smelled rather fruity but I wasn't going to complain. A bath was a bath. Plus I wasn't stupid enough to diss on the kind gesture from my mate. "Thank you," I said to her, giving her a kiss. "You're welcome," she said. I got in and sighed at the feel of the hot water. She then began to wash my hair, her nails massaging my scalp. I closed my eyes and just let myself go as she helped me to relax. 

After my bath I dried off, "Thank you, I needed that." "I could tell. You really shouldn't push yourself," she said to me. I pulled her to me and kissed her. It was soft, neither of us having much energy to put into it after the long day we both had. When I laid down I groaned at the feel of the hard pallet. To save my back, I had decided to lay on my front. I wasn't expecting smooth legs straddle me though and hands begin to massage to knots from my back. She truly was spoiling me. As she worked out the knots I slowly began to fall asleep. I faintly remember her laying down and me pulling her towards me before falling asleep.