Chapter 11

Rohan's POV

I sat outside on my break with my sketchbook, looking over the land that I had purchased for my house to go. Now it was our house, and possibly home to our child not long from now. I spent the entire week of Shyrah being in season, claiming every inch of her. She wasn't able to really walk for a couple of days after that week passed. I felt great satisfaction over how well I was able to pleasure her. I even used this week as a chance to get kinky and just see what I could get away with. No holds barred with my woman.

As I was sketching, Pyrus came out and sat on the grass beside me. "How is Shyrah doing," he asked me. I suppressed the smirk of male pride that I wanted to have, "She's doing good."

He nodded, "I couldn't help but notice the two of you are much happier."

I smiled softly, "A lot happier."

He smiled, "That makes me happy to hear."

We then fell into silence once more before he broke it again. "Usually female demons become pregnant shortly after they're no longer in season," he said to me. "How does that make you feel?"

I sighed softly as reoccurring thoughts came to the surface once more. "I used to detest the idea of having kids," I confessed. "The idea having children never sit well with me. Until she and I mated. She told me she wanted a family and that was part of our deal. At first I just accepted it because in the end I was no longer in pain because of that whore. But as I've grown closer to Shyrah the idea of us having children has grown on me."

He chuckled softly, "Yet you did your best to avoid some kids that were playing earlier today."

I made a face of disgust,"I said the idea of her and I having children I have grown fond of. Not other people's kids. Your other kids I tolerate. Don't expect me to babysit though."

He threw his head back laughing while I chuckled softly.

When we sobered he ran a hand through his hair. "Its been too quiet." He whispered it but there was enough emotions in that soft whisper that I knew he was scared and stressed. I have never known Pyrus to be scared but that was before he had mates and children to look out for.

"I know what you mean," I said with a sigh. "What are you guys going to do?"

"Strengthen our defenses," he answered. "We don't want to take the lives of innocents in a stupid war nor do we want to lose lives. Unfortunately we see it coming, even though we refuse to accept it."

"We crippled their economy by leaving, I doubt they have the money to have a war," I pointed out.

He shook his head, "Humans are stubborn creatures. They'll have a war against us, not caring how it leaves them in the end."

I scoffed as I shook my head, "That's pathetic. How crippled do they have to become before there is absolutely nothing left?"

He shrugged, "That is what we're scared to find out."

By the way his shoulders sagged I knew he was carrying the weight of it all. I just hoped he and the rest of his mates didn't push themselves too hard.

He gestured with his chin at my sketch book, "So what are you working on?"

"I'm drawing up plans for our home," I told him. "She wants a cabin style where rustic meets modern. I want it to be perfect and it seems that perfect is a long ways off." I had tried many different designs, but nothing seemed to fit. I wouldn't stop until I made the perfect home for us.

Pyrus then left me to sketch in peace. Soon sexy legs in skin tight jeans with knee high boots were in my peripheral vision. I followed the curve of them up to my sexy mate.

"So what has you sitting out here all by yourself," she asked me. "Trying to design our home," I answered. I moved so she could sit in my lap. "You shouldn't force the design to come to you," she said to me as she got comfortable. She looked at the sketches I had so far. She pointed out a few different details that she liked that I made a mental note of that will further assist in my planning. She then stood and took my hand, "Come on, sitting here all day won't make the ideas come to you any faster." I stood with a sigh, knowing she was right. 

"So how do you feel about the possibility of us having kids soon," she asked me. "I'm excited," I admitted. She snorted with a soft laugh, "Really? You don't seem to care for kids if your face when you help Julius the other day was any indication." 

"Children of my own are different," I told her, causing her to laugh. I smiled softly, "How do you feel?" Her smile fell, "Terrified. We could possibly go to war and I won't be able to assist." I took her hand, "With your heart conditions I think it best you stay out of combat. I worry your heart may not be able to handle the rush of adrenalin war makes one feel." She sighed, shoulders slumped, "I figured you would say that. I hate the idea of being on the sidelines while everyone else is risking their lives." 

I gave her hand a squeeze, "I know, but I know you will be able to assist in other ways. You are an amazing strategist, and helping plan will be very appreciated and it's something you can do even if you are pregnant." "It's better than nothing I guess," she muttered while kicking a rock. 

I kissed her cheek, "There is still a possibility we won't go to war." "Let's pray we don't," she said with a nod. I was very much in agreement. 

We had gotten to the castle and found Mania running from Karla, holding a piece of cake on a plate. "That was my piece!" 

Mania laughed, "I didn't see your name on it!" Shyrah took advantage of Mania not paying attention to where she was going and stuck her foot out in time to grab the plate and fork as Mania fell. "Mine now," Shyrah declared before popping a bite into her mouth. "Shyrah!" her sisters yelled in unison. 

Shyrah took a massive bite next that took up almost half the piece, "This is really good." They were both glaring at her. Shyrah then wielded her fork like a sword, "You can have the rest if you think you can take it from me." They both huffed and stomped back to the kitchen, knowing that their oldest sister out classed them when it came to combat. Mania could've also used her magic to take it back but I think it was out of fear that Shyrah was pregnant that she didn't risk it. Soon we will know, and I was counting down the days till we got the verdict.