Chapter 3: Into the wolves' den

AN: Just did a few editing for chapter two to try to improve it. Not much really.

Going through the door, you see that you are entering the lab where the lights constantly flicker on and off. Seeing a note board, you went to read to see if it has anything useful, only to discover that it is just a bunch of boring rules for the lab. Before disregarding it, you notice some writing in big bold letters with a circle: 'No Running!'.

After reading this, a tiny disk-like robot bumps on your foot. The robot seems to like you!

"Good robot!" You said before giving it a quick pat before leaving.

Entering the lab, you saw a black latex creature standing near a doorway! Acting fast, you quickly duck under a nearby table just before the lights flicker on. With the lights on, you can see the black latex beast looks like a typical anthropomorphic wolf except with some sort of white mask on.

When the wolf is not looking and lights flicker off, you quietly slip under the next table seeing another one in your path except this one had some, feminine features. The female wolf then barked at the masculine-like wolf as they then grunt, growl, and bark at each other, as though they are having a conversation.

Taking this opportunity, you quickly grab a note hanging by the wall and moving to the next table. You then notice another set of photos, except this time it shows a white latex puddle watching television of a woman and a goat and then forming into an anthropomorphic goat with purple hair and catching yet another poor victim.

'How many people have fallen victims to these experiments?' you thought as you snuck by.

Under the table, you start to read the note that you found.

The note contains an entry from one of the researchers, explaining how these latex beasts contain a high level of wisdom, but they are not what the research needs and being regarded as 'failures'. It also reads how they decide the best way to dispose of them is to just put them in an unused lab.

You can't help but frown at the thought of regarding these beasts as 'failures', but who thought it was a good idea to just drop them in a lab? You start to question the mental well-being of the people who ran this place.

While reading the note, a vent opens and you see a small puppy like a latex wolf, and it is heading in your direction! If you don't do something quickly, the pup will find you and alert everyone in the room!

'Oh no, what should I do??' you thought.

Thinking fast, you crumble up the note you have into a ball and toss it by its path. You are hoping that due to the beast's young puppy-like state, you could bait it into playing with the ball so you can sneak away without getting caught.

The pup then notices the ball...staring at it...

'Come on...take the bait...' you thought.

...the pup then rushes to the ball, batting it and running off with it.

Waiting until the pup is far enough, you left under the table and reach to the end of the room. You sigh in relief, leaning against the wall next to the exit. As you about to reach for the door, a latex wolf came right out!

You let out a faint gasp as you stick to the wall, hoping the beast didn't see you. To your misfortune, the wolf stops as its ear flickers and it stood still tilting its head, listening for you.

Deciding it was nothing, the beast then put its ear down and left, walking past you without noticing you. You then carefully slip by, making sure to not bump into any more latex beasts walking through as well.