Chapter 13

Mari's POV:

I woke up to the feeling of arms wrapped around me and my own arms burning in pain. I looked over and saw a sleeping Chat next to me once again. He said that he was going to spend the whole day here as well! What if my parents find him? Last night was way too close of a call after all. I could feel Chat's breath, and in a way, it was comforting. I leaned forward trying to escape his grasp, but only felt it tighten and pull me closer towards him. I honestly want to stay with him, I want to stay in his warm embrace, but I don't want to hurt him. I can't afford to lose him and why did I promise to stay alive when all I should do is die?! I turned over so I was facing him and gently ran my fingers through his hair earning a small purr. I smiled to myself as I listened to him, it was a strange sort of comfort, but I loved it.

" That feels good, princess."

I quickly retracted my hand in shock. I heard him give a small whimper and saw him start to slowly open his stunning green eyes.

" Why'd you stop?"

He whined, staring at me with kitty eyes. I looked away from him awkwardly fiddling with my fingers.

" Y-you startled me."

" Alright, can you keep doing it please?"

I looked at him a little shocked, wondering if he knew what happened everytime I did it. I looked him in the eyes and asked questioningly

" Y-you do know what happens when I do, r-right?

He raised an eyebrow in confusion,

" No, what?"

A small smile of amusement spread across my lips as I told him,

" You purr when I scratch your head. That's why I do it, I like hearing it."

Shock filled his features before being replaced with a gentle smile and a small gleam in his eyes.

" Well, if you like hearing it, then I don't mind. Besides, it'd be a win-win. I like it when you scratch my head and you like my purrs."

I stared at him, a little shocked that he was ok with it. After staring at him for a bit, I felt a smile take over my features and began to rub his head again. His purrs emitted in the small room as he closed his eyes and snuggled closer to me. I giggled a little watching his cat traits show through. I felt myself begin to doze off again before he took my hand from his head and brought it to his lips. I felt a small blush take over my lips as I stared into his eyes.

" Don't doze off, princess, it's time to eat breakfast."

I felt panic rise in my chest as he said that. How was I going to sneak him up some food and convince him I had "eaten".

" Don't worry, Mari! They already know that I'm here, so there's no need to worry."

He said cheerily. I looked at him shocked before sitting up quickly, breaking his hold on me before yelling,

" WHAT?!"

" Yeah, they saw me last night, so when you were asleep I went downstairs and talked to them."

He said kinda awkwardly. No, no, no, no, no! Did he tell them?! What are they going to do?! What will they say?! They must think it's their fault. They must be so disappointed in me. They must hate me, of course they hate me! I'm so weak that-

" Marinette! I need you to breathe for me. You're hyperventilating and I need you to listen to me. Breathe in...now breathe out..."

I tried my best to listen to him and do what he said. I felt my breathing begin to slow as I stared into his eyes.