Chapter 12

Adrein's POV:

When I woke up, the first lights of the sun were starting to filter through the small side window and brighten up the room, but it was very dim as clouds loomed over it. I looked down and saw Marinette's back pressed against my chest. I propped my elbow up and held my face in my hand as I stared down at her peaceful face. Her features were smooth, her pale skin looked like cream, her blue-black hair was spread like a fan on the pillow, and around her face. I gently moved some of her hair that was covering her face behind her ear. I frowned upon seeing her eyes which were red and puffy like they were being squeezed shut in fear, and the big dark purple bags under her eyelids had only gotten bigger. I know I'm going to be busy today, I have a lot on my schedule, but I don't want to leave her. Tomorrow, I tell myself. Tomorrow I have nothing and I can be with her as long as she needs me. Tomorrow I won't have to leave her alone. Tomorrow I can comfort her and make her smile again. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow!

UGH!!!

Why does it feel so far away? Why can't tomorrow be today?! I watched as she started to stir from her sleep, her eyelids fluttering gently. I gave a soft smile and wrapped an arm around her waist as she groaned awake. I smiled as she turned over and I was able to see her dark sleepy blue eyes. They didn't look as blue as they used to though. They seemed almost...gray.

She slowly turned her head to look at me, but then turned away with a dust of red covering her cheeks. I felt a smirk rise to my lips and relief seeing some of the old flustered Marinette back. I missed this. I missed seeing her like this. I missed her being this way around me. Well not me as Chat, but as Adrien. It still feels strange that she was like that because she liked me...I always thought she was scared of me.

" H-hey Kitty. Wh-what time is it?"

My smirk grew upon hearing her stutter. She is so cute! I let out a small chuckle as I quickly glanced at her alarm clock then looked back at her before saying,

" 9:32."

" Ok, that's enough time."

She said softly to herself. I was confused, what does she mean by that?

" Enough time for what?"

I questioned, thinking maybe, just maybe, I could help her. She turned to look at me and replied,

" I need to run some errands, that's all."

I perked up. I can help her! I could keep her company, protect her, and help her carry her stuff if she needed.

" What kind of errands?"

" I need to get some fabric for my new bags."

I frowned upon hearing this. What was wrong with the bags she has now. Pink is a nice color on her. It's the only color she's worn that isn't dark.

" What's wrong with the ones you have now?"

I pouted, sorrow and worry filling my voice.

" Too colorful."

She said matter of factly turning away from my gaze. It hurt hearing her say that. How can she say that, she loves pink. Her room is literally covered in it for crying out loud!

" I think pink is a great color. It'! cheery and sweet, like you, and you look really cute in it."

I said trying to make her smile and reconsider. She simply shook her head no. Looks like I need to do better at convincing her. I grabbed her waist and pulled her onto me so that she was staring into my eyes. I kept my hands wrapped around her waist so she couldn't escape as I tried to convince her.