Chapter 19

Mari's POV

My head is pounding.

My side aches.

My heart is beating so fast.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Chat saw it...

He saw me being engulfed by a bright light...

I held the post-it note, that Chat left for me, tightly in my hands and I couldn't help, but cry.

He's coming back soon...and he'll surely want to talk about it....

What if he figures out that I'm Ladybug and he hates me for abandoning him and leaving all the responsibility as Paris' hero onto him?

Does Plagg know about the Chosen One of the Ladybug miraculous? Is there a Chosen One for the Cat Miraculous?

I should have stayed inside of the trash can for the night...because although it would be embarrassing to deal with when other people see that I was there all night, it would have been better than Chat finding out and possibly ruining the last good thing in my life...Well not the last. My parents still love me, but they have noe idea why their daughter is constantly in pain...I can't blame it on the clumsiness anymore...

All there is left to do, is wait until Chat shows up...and get over with it as fast as possible....
__________________Next Day__________________

I waited all night and he didn't show up.....Something must have come up or he ended up falling asleep and was too tired to wake up.

The wait makes it worse. I am extremely tired and I still have to go to school, because Lila wouldn't be too happy if I missed it, as well as my everyday beatings.

" Marinette, sweetie, please come down...we want to talk to you about something...." I heard my maman say.

" Okay maman!" I said with a raspy voice. I cried all night while waiting for Chat Noir to show up.

I went down stairs and walked towards my parents who were sitting on the couch. They both wore some serious expression on their faces.

" Yes Maman, Papa? You wanted to talk to me about something?" I asked. They both nodded.

" We signed you for a psychological evaluation. This will determine whether you need therapy or n-" Maman stopped talking and looked at my arms.

" Where are the cuts?" She asked confused. I instinctively covered my arms. They have become invisible, but are still there. They still sort of hurt.

I looked at my mom and her confused face morphed into one of rage. She stormed towards me and harshly grabbed my arms. She was inspecting them and I know she wouldn't find anything, but I kept on wincing as she rubbed my arm. Probably to see if I was covering it up with make up.

" Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" She said loudly....I flinched at her tone. She rarely used this tone on me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. 

" Have you been lying to us?! Not just us, but to Chat Noir?!" She screamed in my face and I was so terrified....No....I deserve this....i have to nod and yes.....then they would be angry with me. Maybe even hate me...Good. They will hate me in the end anyways.....

" Y-" I couldn't finish the word as I felt a sharp sting on my left cheek....

She hit me...

This is first time she has hit me....

" How could you?! Go to your room! You are grounded!" She screamed while pointing towards my room. I turned around and ran to my room. I could still hear my mom screaming, my dad also screaming.