3rd And Final Time - Sprace - Pt 2

//TW: short mentions of abuse and trauma//

Race slept really well. It been the best sleep for a few weeks now. The last few nights he had been kept away by panic attacks, flash backs or just Spot screaming at him.

He was woken up by the sound of Davey in the kitchen. The sound of sizzling and a few different smells filled the room. A smile grew on Races face as he soon identified the smell of pancakes. Davey and Jack were the first moved out of the newsies Lodging and ever so often they would cook pancakes for all the boys.

Race got off the sofa, realising he was still in his jeans which he was now uncomfortable aware were rubbing against his skin. Before going to meet Davey in the kitchen Race went up to the spare room. A room which was full of random junk along with a few spare clothes and essential just in case the boys needed it. Davey really was the mum of the group, he was working to make it into a guest room so it was earlier to have others to stay the night but those plans kept getting pushed back.

Grabbing a pair of black loose bottoms he could hear Jack on the phone in the room earlier. He could make out a few words when he realised that Jack was on call to his work saying he wouldn't be in today. Race felt guilty. He'd come round and made a scene, Davey and Jack now felt responsible to deal with Race.

He should've stayed home. He shouldn't have came over.

He's mind raced almost sending him into a panic attack when he was pulled out of his thoughts by Jack standing by the door.

"race? You okay?" his voice was calming, just like it had been every time he needed help. Every Time Jack would sit with Race to calm him down, help him through any trauma or fears he had. Race felt instantly calmer as he looked up.

"Yeah, I just need different trousers" Race smiled. A genuine smile.

"Okay, Daveys making pancakes so we better get down there before they get cold" Jack laughed as he started his way down the stairs.

Race followed behind, guilt still bubbling inside but he kept reminding himself that Jack and Davey cared for him and would help him. He also knew the questions about last night would come up and this time he wouldn't be able to push them off, he had to tell the truth. He just hoped he could eat breakfast before the memories came back.

Davey was whistling as he was putting a plate of bacon on the table. It was clear who he expected to sit where. Davey had an excellent memory of what each boy liked and made sure to make the boyd feel loved.

There were 2 plates of pancakes on the table, about 5 or 6 high. On the left side of the table there was a plate of bacon and a few fried eggs since Davey preferred them on his pancakes, so it was clear Davey was sitting on the left. On the right there were plates of chopped strawberries and bananas. A jar of chocolate spread and whipped cream. A few different types of sprinkles and Davey made sure to mention about ice cream in the freezer if either of the boys wanted that on their pancakes. And of course there was honey, stypus and some different ice cream sauces in the centre of the table.

Davey was over the top. He always was. Race wasn't complaining though. He loved that about Davey, the way he would go out of his way to do the best he could to help the boys.

"wow this is incredible" Jack read Races mind as he walked over to kiss his husband before sitting down at the table.

Davey laughed, it was warm and comfortable, almost like it wrapped your heart and soul in a warm fuzzy blanket to never let you go.

Race sat down and immediately pull a pancake onto his plate. Jack did the same and as soon as Davey had everything sorted he also sat and grabbed his own.

Race had chocolate spread on his. He sprinkled some rainbow sprinkles onto it before wrapping it up and squirting some whipped cream on top.

Jack also put chocolate spread in his. He put some strawberries and bananas in the middle making sure they were alternating. Wrapping it up and drizzling some syrup on top.

Davey was quiet simple with his, he didn't really like having sweet things in the morning so he just had some bacon, eggs and a few pancakes on his plate.

The radio played softly in the background as conversations were had. Mainly Jack talking about work and up coming projects. The energy was warm. Race had almost forgotten all about last night due to how full he was after stuffing his mouth.

Both Jack and Races faces were covered in chocolate by the time the pancakes were finished. Davey laughed at the two as they all started to help with cleaning the table.

After everything was clean and out away the boys all went into the living room. Jack put the TV onto some random channel and layed back on the sofa. Race joined him, snuggling into the blanket he used last night. Davey was sat on a chair across from Race giving him that knowing look Race had been dreading.

"ready to talk?" his words were soft and comforting. Race just nodded. He had to tell them.

"Its Spot" Race started, his heart immediately started to race with memories flooding his mind. He took a deep breath. "he's been shouting a lot... Screaming is probably better"

Davey listened, he placed his hand on Races leg to comfort him. Jack's eyes were already full with anger as soon as Race started talking. He had always been protective of his boys, Race especially. He never like the idea of him getting with Spot but this was Race we are talking about. So Jack learned to deal with it but ever since Race had turned up crying over the last week his hatred for Spot was growing again.

"he's been shouting at me, about me. He's said some awful things" Races eyes started to water but he pushed through as he started mentioning some of the names he'd been called.

Daveys eyes were full of sadness and empathy while Jack was trying his hardest to not go over then and murder Spot that very second.

"Has he hit you?" Davey asked causiously. He know about Races past trauma with old boyfriend. He know Race would admit to being hit himself but Davey needed to know. He remembered seeing a bruise on one of Races are when he layed him down on the sofa last night.

Race went silent. His hands began shaking as more memories of last night flooded his senses.

"yes" he choked out. He didn't want to admit it but he knew he had to. He couldn't hide this anymore.

Davey took both of Races hand and looked him in the eye. "he cant be doing that to you. You deserve so much better than this"

Race nodded and Jack came closer to his side as tears started running down his cheeks.

Jack pulled the sobbing boys head into his shoulder, comforting the boy the way he had all those night he need Jack the most.

After Race had calmed down Jack let go and stood up.

Davey shot him a glare but Jack had already grabbed his coat and was putting on his shoes.

Race looked terrified.

"I'm not going to hurt him" Jack said and both the boys let out a breath. "I just wanna talk... With my fists" he mumbled the last bit to be sure they didn't hear. He left and it was only Davey and Race in the apartment.

"wanna bake a cake?" Davey said randomly but he knew Race loved baking.

A smile grew on the younger boys face as he nodded. His heart still hurt and he couldn't get the memories out of his head but he knew that Jack was dealing with Spot. Probably not in the right way, but he was being dealt with....