"I Love You" - Javid

"Love is a terrifying thing
But I love him"

Jack Kelly found himself drowning on his own thoughts as he sat across the table from his boyfriend Davey.

They'd been dating for about 3 weeks now and they were finally on their first proper fancy date. Jack had booked them a table at a restaurant around the corner from his apartment. He'd never actually been here before but Racetrack swore up and down on their pizza and burgers.

Davey had been talking about his weekend and what his family had done. He and Sarah took les out to go see his first musical which he apparently loved so much he's had it on repeat for the last few days.

Jack was trying to listen and push his thoughts aside but found himself thinking the same thing over and over again. "I love him"

Neither of them had said it yet but Jack truly felt it and he hoped that Davey felt the same.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was calm. Couple and parties sat at tables talking and laughing among each other. Candles were lit and the lights were dimmed making davey look stunning as the candle reflected in his eyes.

The conversation continued. Them going back and fourth talking about shows theyd seen or would love to see. It wasn't long until their food arrive and the conversation slowed down as the two enjoyed their food. Smiles and laughs between bites and the occasional random story either had remembered where spoken but the silence was calming, comfortable as the two ate.

After the food was done davey took the honour to order them deserve. It was some cake with ice cream.

As the two waited more stories were shared but Jack kept thinking, he couldn't get rid of the thoughts.

"I love you" he blurted out.

A silence.

"I know it's early... But I do... I love you" Jacks face went red as he suddenly felt the sweat on his palms.

"I love you too.." Daveys voice has barely audible but Jack picked it up and began to calm down.

The waiter brought over the deserve and the two dug in in silence. But I want long until conventions started up again. It was awkward but true and both boys knew it. So they got rid of the uncomfortable air between the two and went back to the random stories and laughs.

Jack felt he could finally listen now. He wasn't drowning in his thoughts and he felt free, felt that Davey finally knew and understood how much Jack truly cared and loved him.