"You've drained me."|Javid

TW ABUSE, BREIF ALCOHOL AND DRUG MENTION

You were screaming about something. I wasn't listening. The sounds were muffled as they bounced around the walls of the trashed room.

Our bedroom, once tidy, once ours. Now destroyed. You'd thrown clothes everywhere, broken the shelves and smashes a glass.

I don't even remember why this started. Did I forget to wash a plate again? Perhaps I folded your top wrong or left the romote on the table instead of on the sofa where you sit.

I loved you, I really did. Back in the lodging house. Back when we first met and fought for our rights as news boys. When we first kissed and when we moved in together.

That love died. It died when you started getting angry every other day. When you'd throw a glass at me only for it to miss and shatter against the wall.

Your hair was messy, over grown, unkempt. Your eyes were red and your speech was slurred. Maybe you were drunk, I did see 3 empty bottles when I walked it. Or perhaps you were high. You had been meeting up with someone and spending our money without telling me.

I can't take it any longer. I dont want to leave. I want to help but you won't let me.

I love you Jack, but I can't love you when you want me dead.

I looked straight through you, my way out was behind you. I could push past you, I can't stand here any longer.

Shoving you to the side you stumbled into a pile of disregard clothes on the floor and I kept running.

Out the front door and down the stairs of the apartment building. It was cold, freezing. New York felt empty. No one was around. It was weird, unsettling.

The sky was dark and there was no life on the street. Few street lights and the occasional bird flew by as I walked down to Cruchies flat about 20 minutes from ours.

I was shaking by the time I knocked on his door and he helped me in. Comforting me as I began to sob into his arms. I told him everything.

Everything you called me, every bottle you threw, every lie you screamed.

He held me and listened. I could tell he hated you as much as I did in that minute but he was holding it in.

Grabbing me a blanked he brought me over to the sofa and called Romeo in to make me so food.

I hadn't eaten in days. I'd avoided it. I avoided you. I knew you'd scream something about me being fat or wasting money as soon as I walked into that kitchen. I couldn't stand it.

I was crying again, but this time they were empty. I felt empty.

You've drained me.

You were supposed to love me.

Care for me.

Support me.

But all you've done is hurt me.

Romeo and Spot are going to come round tomorrow and pack my stuff up and bring it over.

Im leaving.

You want me gone. So I will go.

I love you Jack Kelly but fuck you.

--
Hi I'm sorry for not uploading, I'm really not inspired to write anything. To be honest my hyper fixation on newsies ended a while again and that's probably what's making me unmotivated.

I love writing so I'll probably update every once in a while but they won't be regular like they used to be and will probably be shit considering I only really write when I'm in a shitty Mood.

Anyways enough moaning, thank you so much for the 5.5k reads, that's amazing.

Stay safe ❤️